Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa
The Mid iOS Developer will be responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple’s iOS operating system. Ideally, the candidate should be proficient with one of the two programming languages: Objective-C or Swift.
The Mid iOS Developer will focus on developing and delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience. Someone who will not only design and create the applications but also install them and monitor them for updates to ensure that they continue to work smoothly.
- Design, build and maintain an efficient scalable mobile app.
- Build Reusable Code and Library for Future Use.
- Developing features for new requirements and functionality across iOS mobile app platforms using Objective-C and Swift.
- Maintaining and growing the mobile app platform’s API library. Includes updating APIs and creating new APIs as needed.
- Triaging and correcting mobile app defects.
- Reviewing and translating business requirements/user stories into development requirements in coordination with Scrum Team activities/procedures.
- Participating in Scrum Team design review meetings to establish designs and approaches for user stories and requirements.
- Participating in Tech Review meetings with development team members to define technical approaches for established stories/designs.
- Troubleshooting issues reported by users to correct application and API defects/anomalies.
- Designing, developing, and testing software to meet requirements and design specifications in accordance with development standards and procedures.
- Participate in code reviews and training programs.
- Maintaining automated deployment/ build procedures and mobile app distribution procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as an iOS mobile app developer.
- Experience developing iOS applications (Swift & Objective-C experience required).
- Experience delivering a product that is centred around great customer experience.
- Experience creating and maintaining APIs/web services.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients as well as internal teams.
- Experience working with git-based source control on a development team.
- Experience with offline databases (i.e., Realm).
- Good understanding of UI/UX design & prototyping.
- Knowledge of Transforming UI/UX designs to working mock-up applications.
- Development of mobile applications and related services.
- Testing of mobile applications and related services.
- Debugging of mobile applications and related services.
- Documenting and monitoring mobile applications and related services.
- Good understanding of RESTful API.
- Good understanding of Graph QL.
- Good understanding of MVVM or MVI architecture patterns.
- Good understanding of Live data handling.
- Good understanding of Data persistence.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started