Safaricom PLC 891.8K posts See new posts Safaricom PLC @SafaricomPLC The leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya.
Reporting to the Head of Cyber Security (M-Pesa Africa), the Manager – Cyber Security Defense, will be responsible for proactively identifying threats and vulnerabilities; detecting and mitigating cyber events; and managing cyber security incident responses to minimize service impact and provide a secure digital future for our customers.
Additionally, the Manager – Cyber Security Defense will; coordinate operations of the Cyber Security Defend stakeholders and team, Implement, Upgrade, maintain and Refine End-to-End Security Monitoring, timely manage Proactive and reactive Security Incident Management Processes, and ensure adequate CAPEX\OPEX budget. Improvement of the Cyber security posture of the company through several initiatives is key and requires close collaboration with Vodacom Group, and external partners.
*Please note that we are building pipelines for this role, and it is not an active recruitment.
The key responsibilities include to;
- Coordinate optimization of the Operational & Monitoring Defense cyber security baselines (CSB) controls across all M-Pesa Africa relevant business areas and processes
- Optimize and maintain respective Monitoring Cyber Security controls and requirements across M-Pesa Africa environments
- Ensure all M-Pesa and third-party systems’ products, services and projects are compliant with the M-Pesa Africa minimum security Monitoring requirements and Cyber defense Cyber Security Baselines (CSBs)
- Be responsible for the set-up, execution and maintenance of the security incident management and coordination process in conjunction with incident management capabilities
- Support all internal and external audits around Technology systems and processes, ensure these systems are free from known Technology audit findings and ensure all audit findings in these systems are closed within agreed timelines.
- Support compliance with Legal, Regulatory and key stakeholders’ requirements across the Technology domains
- Ensure proper monitoring implementation and change management processes compliance for all planned and emergency changes in Technology systems
- Manage the Cyber security subordinate resources (FTEs and contractors) for their tasks/job descriptions and effective implementations
- Skills development and performance management within Cyber security department.
- Set up analytics framework and tools
- Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or related IT field
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISSP/CISM/CISA
- Advanced competencies in Network Security: CCNP or CCIE (Security)
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft, Linux or Unix Operating Systems administration
- Advanced competencies and experience in Information Security Technologies
- Minimum of 5 years of Network Security experience with Security Monitoring and Incident Management processes tools.
- Minimum of 1-year focused Security experience in Incident Management, Intrusion Analysis, Network troubleshooting or Reverse Engineering.
- Experience in the design, delivery and support of Information Security solutions to customers will be an added advantage
- Experience in the use of security tools.
- Project management skills, and proven task execution (getting things done).
- Superior Report writing skills and good communication skills .
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started