Elastic teams delivering digital outcomes.
About this role
As the Lead Software Engineer – APIs, you’ll be leading the newly formed APIs & Microservices team under the Platforms department. The mission of the Platforms team is to create a seamless development process, taking ideas from conception to production in just under twelve minutes. Our team achieves this by providing low-friction, fully managed cloud capabilities that free developers and product owners from infrastructure complexities, allowing them to concentrate on code and business value.
The API & Microservices team’s role within the Platforms department is to oversee the governance, reliability, stability, and quality of all Enterprise Digital APIs and Microservices.
As the Technical Lead of your team, you will work closely with other Platform teams and developer groups in Digital Enterprise. You will play a vital role in enhancing productivity by delivering innovative services, tools, and frameworks that cater to a broad spectrum of enterprise needs.
As the Lead Software Engineer – APIs, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Build a platform, along with patterns, services, tools, frameworks, automation, APIs and capabilities across the full web stack that accelerate developer productivity with respect to APIs and Microservices and with a security-conscious mindset.
- Own governance, reliability, stability, and quality of the API and Microservice estate across Digital Enterprise
- Design and develop tools that improve our continuous delivery mindset on AWS
- Collaborate within the organisation to meet your squad goals
- Provide technical leadership to your team, actively unblocking issues
We’re looking for passionate technologists who enjoy working in collaborative agile teams. You’ll need to be a clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team. We enjoy the big picture and the detail; we want people who excel at both.
- You will have hands-on experience taking requirements and designing, architecting and implementing reusable and robust solutions
- Recent experience leading a team of experienced developers
- Experience with AWS. Bonus points for experience with Lambdas, API gateway, and other serverless technologies
- It would be preferable to hold a recognised AWS Certificate
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Java and Spring Boot as well will be a distinct advantage
- Experience designing APIs and Microservices at scale within AWS preferably
- Experience with agile systems development methodologies
- Experience using and building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with DevOps capabilities a distinct advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started