Enterprise IT Services
Our client is in the fast-moving consumer goods sector and is looking to build a team that will join the IT department.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Junior Systems Administrator to join our IT team. This role will be responsible for managing and maintaining our company’s hardware and software systems, with a particular focus on Hyper-V, Active Directory, SQL, Firewalls, Storage, and Azure. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware, as well as an ability to troubleshoot and manage IT environments.
- Install, manage, and maintain Windows Server infrastructure including Hyper-V virtualization, Active Directory, Azure, SQL, and related services.
- Install, manage, and maintain company firewall systems and storage solutions.
- Regularly evaluate and manage updates and patches for assigned systems.
- Monitor and manage system security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, and content filtering to ensure system security and data integrity.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues and establish a disaster recovery plan.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of system documentation, including configuration and design documents, as well as procedural and policy documents.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests related to the areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors for efficient implementation of new systems/products or updates to existing systems.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments, and contingency plans.
- Conduct regular system audits to ensure all systems are operating as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS
To be successful in the role of Junior Systems Administrator, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of system administration experience.
- Deep understanding of networking and TCP/IP.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Hyper-V, Active Directory, firewalls, Azure, SQL, and storage solutions.
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of computer security, network administration, and complex network systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started