PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen Renewable Energy strives to increase access to high quality affordable renewable energy across Africa.
As the Junior Software Development Analyst, you will play a critical role in supporting the company’s existing and future software products. You will be responsible for contributing to the ongoing development of our platform and participating in the daily process of the team. The Junior Software Development Analyst will report to the Director of Product and work closely across the customer teams who are the primary users of our software.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Develop new features based on user requirements
- Support in the generation of analytical reports to the rest of the business
- Develop automated processes to ease the workflow of our business units
- Participate in our Agile development process and take turns leading Scrum
What Excites You:
- Creating reliable and easy-to-use software
- Learning new technologies and skills
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having the autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
- Being part of, and contributing to, a vibrant team culture
You Already Have:
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Some familiarity with SQL databases
- We use the following technologies in our stack, none is a requirement but any relevant experience is valuable:
- Our core web services are written in Golang.
- We also have a number of data analysis pipelines written in Python.
- The user interface is React.js.
- We use Azure for hosting, any cloud DevOps experience is meaningful. o Linux literacy is a plus.
What Excites You:
- Intense attention to detail and managing multiple and varied work streams at the same time
- Working collaboratively with many internal teams across multiple countries and offices to drive growth and operational excellence
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm.
- Remote work
- On-the-job mentoring and learning opportunities
- Networking with experienced professionals
- Work experience for professional profile and resume
- Competitive annual compensation
- Annual holiday bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities internally and externally Individualized career development
- Performance feedback and open-door company culture
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started