Our mission is to build a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets to the FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.
Junior Python Engineer – Role Profile
We are looking for a Junior Python Engineer to join our Technology team and work closely with the Senior Python Engineer to develop; maintain; customize the ERPNext platform; build highly scalable, reliable and stable ERPNext Modules according to the business and user needs.
- System Design & Deployment: Assist in the design, configuration, build, test, deployment and maintenance of the ERPNext Frappe based applications. Support gathering of technical system requirements for both internal and external customers. Take part in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on application quality, security, maintainability and individual contribution. Participate in and use agile development methodologies.
- Documentation: Record documentation for software development and testing. Assist to establish proper software references by developing and capturing system requirements, design, capabilities, limitations and maintenance of system manuals.
- System Maintenance: Ensure consistent system value by offering guidance on system related matters e.g. troubleshooting and set-up.
- Business continuity: Work closely with the Senior Engineer to execute business continuity and implement data safety by running back-ups and scheduling and running disaster recovery tests.
- Stakeholder Management: Support the Senior Python Engineer to engage stakeholders and understand their system needs and requirements. Convey complex information in both written and oral form to technical and non-technical audiences. Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
Junior Python Engineer – Minimum Requirements & Key Skills:
- At least two (2) years plus of experience in developing ERPNext Application;
- Hands-on experience in developing ERP applications from the ground up;
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices; Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills;
- Experience with workflow, access controls, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports and dashboards design and development;
- Experience with scrum/agile development methodologies;
- OOP concepts and backend development experience;
- MySQL on MariaDB or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of Linux environment.
Competencies & Skills
- Technical Competence;
- Creative & Innovative Thinking;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Project Management;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Stakeholder Management;
- Tech Savvy.
Looking to sharpen your software development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.