Fin is simply smarter finance for everybody. Together with our partners, we provide credit, savings, insurance and more: fast, convenient and reliable.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Java Backend Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable, and secure server-side applications that power our web and mobile applications.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and specifications.
- Designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-quality server-side applications.
- Developing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications to optimize performance and ensure availability.
Experience, Professional and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field.
- Java certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Java Backend Development.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, or Quarkus.
- Hands-on experience with SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with RESTful API development and implementation.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- In-depth understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies
Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality code.
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
Hands-on Working Knowledge of
- Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, or Struts.
- SQL databases such as MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- RESTful API development and implementation.
- Containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Code versioning tools such as Git.
Join us as we build Africa’s leading neobank. Fin is a sub-Saharan African fintech building a credit-led neo-banking platform for Africa. The Fin mission is to enhance the quality of life of our customers through simple, convenient, and appropriate financial services. Effectively, we help people access the capital and financial products needed to grow their companies, protect their families, improve their circumstances, and live better lives. Through our products in lending, financial wellness, insurance, payroll, SME growth and more, we give our customers access to financial services they would otherwise not qualify for. Fin Kenya’s current product offering includes deduction-at-source payroll loans offered to civil servants and privately employed individuals and secured loans, which MSMEs primarily use.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started