Job Purpose ?
The IT Support Technician will work as part of the Technology team to assist staff in using all forms of IT systems, and ensuring efficient support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of both software and hardware systems while getting involved in solution design, end-user training, and system, processes and procedure documentation.
IT Support Technician – Job Responsibilities ?
IT Support ???
- Provide 1st/2nd level IT Support to the employees of the organization.
- Maintain a register of all software in use in the organization, their respective users, renewal intervals, and cost per user.
- Maintain user access matrix and ensure end-user system security is maintained.
- Provide support for Amitruck internal systems and other associated software.
- Provide Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and MS office support.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Participate in defining IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Ensure the successful implementation of Amitruck policies related to system documentation, and security.
- Participate in user training for new and existing systems as needed.
IT Assets Management ?
- Take part in the preparation and planning of the IT budget, as well as tracking of actual expenses.
- Be responsible for hardware purchases by conducting market research, contacting vendors, gathering quotes, presenting to the finance team, and receiving assets once delivered to Amitruck.
- Prepare workstations (hardware/software), telephony devices, and other equipment for new users as well as ensure their maintenance.
- Install, configure, and maintain office hardware such as printers, and conferencing equipment.
- Ensure efficient inventory registration, asset tagging & tracking (physical/digital), and performing periodic verifications of inventory across the organization.
IT Support Technician – Qualifications ?
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with system administration and system troubleshooting.
- Proven knowledge of Google workspace configuration.
- Sound knowledge of network configuration such as wireless.
- Sound knowledge in operating system troubleshooting. Windows, Mac os and Linux
- Working knowledge of git version control.
- Stellar documentation and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders and effectively coordinate multiple tasks.
Would you like to learn more about Systems Administration, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started