A global civic movement connecting over 69 million citizens worldwide, bringing people-powered politics to decision-making everywhere.
IT Support Specialist Position Overview
We are currently seeking an IT Support Specialist from August 1 – October 31. The Avaaz team of 100 staff are spread across 6 continents, campaign in 21 languages, and is funded through small donations from individual Avaaz members, with an annual revenue of $25-28m.
- Manage operational infrastructure such as VPN setups, Google Suite accounts, and access provisioning through Okta
- Technical onboarding and offboarding of staff by assisting in account setup, hardware inventories and general troubleshooting
- Provide IT support for issues with equipment, software, mobile devices, account access, etc
- Individual security support and response plans, endpoint management of staff devices, encrypted email
- General technical support to staff that includes website-related troubleshooting
The following list of qualifications is what we believe gives you the experience required to work in our environment and deliver on the responsibilities listed above. You should apply for the role of IT Support Specialist if you believe you have the necessary experience, even if you don’t meet all the requirements below:
- Strong experience in an IT support/helpdesk role with end-user-facing support
- Intermediate to expert-level experience using Macs or Linux machines, being comfortable with the terminal
- Strong communicator
- Experience in simplifying requirements and distilling user cases down to deliver solutions.
- Good problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements
- Ability to manage multiple work streams to excellence
- Proficient in communicating through digital means in a remote environment
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
- Growth orientation and a desire to challenge yourself
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and details- and results-oriented delivery on short timelines
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required, additional languages are desirable
Avaaz is a virtual organisation, with most of our work done online. Our staff are based all over the world. For this position, the candidate would ideally be based in the EMEA time zones (UTC+0 – UTC+3).
Salary varies with location and experience, and is highly competitive with leading international nongovernmental organisations. The full-package salary for this position ranges from €39,800 €72,926 EURO equivalent. An accurate range in local currency will be provided to candidates. This position includes paid vacation days.
Avaaz’s Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
As a global organisation with millions of members around the world, it’s important to us that our team reflects the diversity needed to lead a movement of people from across the planet, rising to meet some of the most complex challenges humanity has ever faced. We believe we can only succeed by building a diverse team full of fresh perspectives and original ideas, and we are committed to creating a working environment in which everyone has an equitable opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Our team includes native and non-native English speakers, self-taught and university-educated, people with all sorts of professional backgrounds. If doing the job you just read about would make you excited to come to work every day, if you’re talented, hard-working and committed to making a difference – we want you to apply.
Avaaz is one of the world’s largest online global campaigning movements, with nearly 70 million people from every country in the world.
Avaaz launched in 2007 with an ambitious but simple mission: using the connectivity of the internet to empower people of all nations to act together to close the gap between the world we have and the world most people everywhere want.
Our model enables people to channel their individual voices and resources into a powerful collective force at tipping point moments to impact the pressing global challenges of our time, from climate and ecological crises to human rights abuses and the dismantling of democracy. The organisation is deeply mission-focused and has achieved a broad range of victories over the last 15 years which you can read about here.
At this pivotal point in human history, Avaaz is delivering an ambitious 2030 strategic plan to seize key victories in the crucial next decade – to secure ecological survival, defend democracy, and human rights and build healthy and resilient cultures.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started