Bboxx_Kenya is a #nextgenerationutility, transforming lives and unlocking potential by providing affordable, clean #energy to #offgrid communities in #Kenya
IT Support Officer – Role Brief:
Information Technology Services performs a critical role in supporting and managing the company’s computers systems, equipment and providing support services. The IT Support Officer role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the IT systems and services. Additionally, the role includes responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of computer operations and systems development in accordance with the company’s strategic plan & IT plan.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all Bboxx staff.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Assisting staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face; email or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to supplier or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in Bboxx Internal Support desk system.
- Manage Support desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the Bboxx network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of Bboxx systems, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required, supporting the roll-out of new applications and solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT team.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Assist with ongoing development of related company policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around company change management.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Become an effective member of the “Floor walking Team” establish presence in all locations of the office.
- Require good communication, diagnostic, system and process knowledge and be adaptable to be assigned to multiple locations.
- To provide a link between the end users and the project team enabling the speedy escalation of issues encountered without taking the user away from the workplace.
- To work autonomously using own initiative and make decisions based on expertise and knowledge of Building based care processes and procedures.
IT Support Officer – Role Competencies:
- Display confidence when dealing with people, with well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate well with staff and suppliers, exhibiting excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrate high standards of professional behavior when dealing with suppliers, staff, and clients.
- Ability to investigate issues and requirements and identify and prioritize appropriate solutions.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing processes, constantly seeking process improvement.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Aid other employees in the use of various technologies.
- Ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders and staff.
- Demonstrated interest in technology advanced within the company.
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management.
- Good understanding of current IT security and data protection standards.
- Good understanding of Cloud and mobile technology.
- Experience with Programming and Scripting Languages (Python Preferred) C++, Java, C#, or C.
- Excellent customer-facing skillset with the ability to work with potential clients to develop technical work scopes for
- incorporation into project proposals.
- Exercises initiative and creativity to complete projects within the project scope.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a highly team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to function in a fast-paced, project-based, environment.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or any other related field.
- Relevant IT/industry experience and/or qualifications/experience in the following areas: Windows Server, Windows 10/11,
- Microsoft Office, and CCTVs.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT Management.
- Certifications in SDLC, Agile, BI, R/DevOps.
- Certification in Database Administration or Development.
- Experience within IT packages.
- Experience with any of the following: Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office/365.
- Relevant IT degree or industry experience.
Would you like to learn more about Software Development, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started