Feed the Children
We believe in a world where no child goes to bed hungry. #FeedtheChildren
About the job
Feed The Children Inc. is a renowned non-profit organization committed to creating a world where no child goes to bed hungry. With a presence in 9 countries and headquartered in the U.S., our mission is to provide nourishing meals to children in need and extend comprehensive support to communities to empower them toward self-reliance. By working closely with schools, parents, and local governments, we strive to create a lasting impact by enhancing education, promoting child rights, and improving overall community well-being. Through an integrated approach involving collaboration across various sectors, Feed The Children brings together dedicated professionals passionate about making a meaningful difference. Join our team and be a part of this inspiring journey to foster positive change and enrich the lives of children and families worldwide.
This software developer will be involved in the development and support of internal software solutions to be used by Feed International staff in their day-to-day activities. The incumbent will be responsible for the entire software development cycle.
The position reports to the Senior Director of International IT Operations. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Essential Job Function
- Designing software applications using Microsoft .Net framework with the C# language.
- MVC software design and development.
- Assist primary users with the identification of and documentation of business requirements for reports.
- Based on requirements, develop logic for reporting, analytics, or dashboard designs.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Services (or GitHub) integrated source code repositories.
- Building Microsoft .Net web-based applications that store, retrieve, and manipulate data.
- Building Microsoft .Net web-based REST application interfaces (API).
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio (2017/2019/2022).
- Research, test, build and assist with installing any new application or software solutions.
- Address issues related to systems integration, compatibility, performance, and platform standards.
- Proven experience in one or more SDLC methodologies such as waterfall or agile.
- Consult with IT project teams where needed regarding application design requirements or build instructions.
- Collaborate with other developers and team leads on development standards and conducting code reviews.
- Participate in the development of end-user training manuals and training procedures.
- Experience with web service technologies, including SOAP, XML, and JSON.
- Experience with task management, task assignment, and task tracking software platforms like JIRA. Experience in the Development and Support of MS SQL Server Databases.
- Expert knowledge in SQL Database Language.
Qualification and Experience
The IT Software Developer role has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field, or equivalent training and experience related to website application development.
The following need to be very specific to Microsoft Visual Studio and the .Net framework.
- 8+ years of proven application development experience required using C#.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Azure DevOps or TFS.
- Experience with .Net coding, conducting code reviews, and software development standards.
- Excellent technical problem-solving capability is recommended.
- Experience with the “data first” and “code first” software development approaches and web application development is required.
- Experience in testing, developing user cases, and executing test plans is required.
- Experience with modifying existing application code and use of code repositories such as GitHub
- Experience working with Microsoft Web Servers (IIS) or Azure web application services.
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient application code.
- Implement and manage company code management practices and policies.
- Good understanding of design patterns and database architecture concepts.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) in any relevant aspect of Software Development.
- Skilful interpersonal relations, time management, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills
- Strong planning, scheduling, and project management skills
- Good organization skills
- Risk Management
- Critical thinking
- Business acumen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Works in a normal office environment where there are few physical discomforts associated with changes in the weather or noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- The incumbent’s working conditions are typically moderately quiet.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started