Kenya Commercial Bank
We are you
The role holder will identify and correct flaws in KCB Group Plc’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures to improve the company’s overall security posture.
He/ She will work with and provide support to Security Specialists across various information and cyber security domains such as Application & Software Security, Data Protection, Network Security, Host & Endpoint Security, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Cloud Security, Security Monitoring etc.
Detailed Description- IT Security Specialist
- Plan, conduct and manage periodic user access recertification and reviews.
- Provide tactical security expertise across various security domains as assigned from time to time.
- Provide technical security related support to ICT projects from inception through to successful implementation.
- Support the implementation of procedural, operational and technical security controls across the bank’s ICT systems.
- Install, configure, and upgrade security systems / solutions while maintaining requisite levels of security.
- Identify and provide solutions for information security related problems & anomalies and report violations of security policies.
- Conduct continuous research and provide technical security expertise on threats affecting KCB Group information assets.
- Monitor the bank’s ICT systems for indicators of compromise, investigate incidents and take appropriate steps to contain, neutralize and prevent breaches from happening in the future.
- Participate in activities aimed at mitigating information and cyber risks identified by various assurance teams such as Information Risk and Audit.
Job Requirements – IT Security Specialist
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science or related field from a recognized university.
- Must possess at least one security certification such as CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker); SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner); CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor); OCSP (Offensive Security Certified Professional); CompTIA Security+ or any other security certification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Information Technology; with at least 1-year experience in Information Security or Cyber Security.
- 2 years’ experience in Systems/Database/Network Administration.
- Experience in Project Implementation and user training is desired.
If you are looking to specifically acquire the certifications needed for a job like this, click here for information on how to get started.
Are you or do you know a female developer? Huawei has launched a program to empower female developers. Click here to find out how you can be part of the program.
If you would like to begin your journey towards becoming an experienced coder, click here to learn more