Rescue is a first response dispatcher and aggregator that gets you the best and closest help anywhere anytime.
Flare is a fast-growing tech startup building the emergency response of the future. Our 24-hour rescue.co Dispatch Centre provides life-saving services to hundreds of thousands of Kenyans and our platform powers emergency response for SOS and EMS applications.
Our vision is that no matter where you are, or who you are, emergency response is only minutes away. Over the last four years, we’ve built and deployed a lifesaving platform and assembled the largest network of ambulances and first responders in East Africa. Our platform has reduced response times by more than 80% and saved thousands of lives from previously impossible situations. We are expanding our operations and looking for passionate, hardworking, and effective team members to spearhead this next phase of growth.
We are 30+ business & ops specialists, software engineers, and emergency dispatchers based in Nairobi and operating throughout Kenya. We are a goal-driven and results-oriented team focused on the continuous improvement of our technologies and dispatch operations. We value agility, grit, and innovation.
IT Operations Manager – Who you are:
You are not your typical IT leader. While you may be familiar with or even worked with legacy systems, you think they are outdated and obsolete. You have a cloud-first mindset and are always considering how to future-proof and optimize systems for scale. You are comfortable both designing and implementing systems in both physical and virtual environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, design and implement ICT systems that enable Flare’s ICT infrastructure to grow and scale, including security & communications systems
- Review and refine our Operations privacy and security policies
- Manage and optimize Google Workspace deployment
- Provide administrative support for all SaaS tools used within the company and optimize spend
- Responsible for the vendor research, purchasing, configuration, distribution, tracking, and maintenance of all company hardware including computers, GPS devices, phones, internet routers, and any other equipment needed.
- Implement & manage secure and redundant internet/network setup, wifi & VPN configuration & optimization, local area networks, and network monitoring software & protocols.
IT Operations Manager – Basic requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in a communications technology and tech systems role.
- Exceptional research, software, and implementation skills along with experience running and integrating enterprise systems
- Experience configuring and maintaining office network infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, information systems or another related field
Things that will make you stand out:
- System design knowledge
- Programming or engineering experience
- Experience at a high-growth startup
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started