Remote makes running global teams simple. By making it simple to hire, manage, and pay anyone, anywhere. 🌎
This is an exciting time to join Remote and have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the global employment landscape as an IT Operations Engineer. You’ll become part of our small, but mighty IT Engineering team.
If you are a skilled IT professional with a knack for solving technical issues, troubleshooting macOS-related problems and committed to delivering top-notch user support, we encourage you to apply for this role.
What This Job Can Offer You
The IT Operations Engineer plays a contributing role in maintaining the reliability, security, and efficiency of Remote’s IT infrastructure and services. The responsibilities of the IT Operations Engineer are essential in supporting the operational functions of the IT department.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all IT-related requests and inquiries from Remoters.
- Provide assistance for any application challenges users may be facing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues for laptops (primarily Apple), displays and peripherals.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of common troubleshooting procedures, processes, and technical solutions.
- Observe and contribute to the development of current IT processes and policies.
- Work closely with the IT Engineering team members and openly communicate on any issues encountered or active contribution to projects.
- Collaborate with various teams across the organization to ensure they have the necessary tools for their role while maintaining the security of Remote and our customers.
What You Bring
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for helping end-users.
- Experience in providing technical support with an understanding of the macOS environment.
- Experience in managing user accounts and access with SaaS applications like Okta, Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Able to efficiently and creatively find solutions to problems, utilizing available resources effectively.
- Thrive in an environment that values individual accountability and is unafraid of challenges that may come with ambiguity.
- Excited to learn how and why things work, and approach every problem from first principles.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English.
Nice to have
- Experience working remotely and in a fast-growing startup.
- Knowledgeable in SaaS application administration
- Experience working on team projects
- You’ll report to: the IT Engineering Manager
- Team: IT – IT Engineering
- Location: EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap labour practices and therefore we ensure to pay the above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started