Missions of Hope International
MOHI is a Christ-centered NGO that serves disadvantaged children, families, and communities in Kenya through a local team, child sponsors and partners.
Be part of a team that is family-centered, Christ-centered, and service-focused. Join us in our vision to transform children, families, and communities throughout Kenya.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE – IT OFFICER
The position oversees and coordinates I.T. user support for the organization staff as well as ensuring reliability of the various I.T. systems and services. In addition, the position assists I.T. management by working with various vendors in ensuring we have supply of equipment and services needed on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – IT OFFICER
- To oversee and to coordinate I.T. user support.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, system, networks, printers and scanners.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance on I.T. equipment.
- Train end users on how to handle and effectively use computers and other related accessories.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
- Ensure that I.T. assets are recorded in the inventory system.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Assessing and testing out new solutions to increase effectiveness of use of technology.
- Training and mentoring interns and newer staff in I.T.
Academic and Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A Diploma/Certificate in electronics/Networking/I.T. or related fields will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in a busy I.T. department
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Software and hardware skills are required.
- Knowledge in networking, internet, license administration
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance
- Excellent analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates high regards for accuracy and reliability
- Should be a team player
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
If you are looking to specifically acquire the certifications needed for a job like this, click here for information on how to get started.
For all the coders out there, if you would like to discover some nifty tools that can help you become a better coder, please click here