Kenya Revenue Authority
Tulipe Ushuru, Tujitegemee!
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring IT infrastructure security by carrying out vulnerability assessments, identify security gaps, ensure that the network, databases, business systems and services comply with the approved policy, best practice, security requirements and set minimum baseline standards.
- Monitoring the IT infrastructure and supporting investigation of security breaches and incidence response and perform security Impact analysis in the change process. Configure security policies and rules on the security tools such as Firewalls, SIEM, PAM, SOAR etc
Key Responsibilities: – IT Officer security operations
Roles and responsibility
- Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify and mitigate potential (or active) threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
- Provide timely detection, identification and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
- Identify false-positives and false-negatives from the alerting
- Create and test new alerting opportunities based on analytical methods like anomaly detection, or to detect malicious techniques
- Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations to enable expeditious remediation
- Identification, analysis, containment, eradication and recovery of security incidents; perform deep-dive incident analysis by correlating data from various sources.
- Document event analysis and write comprehensive reports of incident investigations
- Escalates cyber security events according to the Authority’s Cyber Security Incident Response Plan
- Provide actionable strategic, technical, and tactical cyber information and intelligence to management through reports, briefings, and presentations
- Create, test and document new alerting opportunities based on analytical methods like anomaly detection, or detection of malicious techniques to ensure enhanced detection
- Participate in education and awareness within the organization
- Identify and monitor the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures used by cyber threat actors by analyzing raw intelligence and data.
- Conduct various types of social media and background investigations; utilizing social media research, public record research and third party databases to build leads and assist with investigations.
- Monitor and gather threat intelligence from the deep web and dark web for potential threats and incidents, and analyze such threats and risks and recommend appropriate mitigating measures.
- Make analytical predictions about cyber criminals and their future activities based on what is already known about them
- Effectively recognize threats by performing relevant research and data analysis using both internal and external tools and resources
Academic Qualifications – IT Officer security operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Post graduate qualification (diploma or MSc.) in related field is an added advantage.
- Certification in any of the following or equivalent:
- CEH, CHIF, CISSP or equivalent
- Web Applications Security, Network security or equivalent
- Boot camp (CEH, Ninja Ethical hacking) with experience
- Certificates in CCNA, Developer, DBA/Server/ system/network Administration
- Boot camp (CEH, Ninja Ethical hacking) with experience
- Cyber Security: Digital forensic, malware analysis
- Certificates in Penetration testing, vulnerability Assessment
Relevant Work Experience Required
- At least three (3) years’ security experience in a medium to large organization.
- Experience in cyber security monitoring
- Experience in vulnerability Assessment and penetration testing
- Experience in the configuration of any of the following security tools; firewall, SIEM , SOAR, PAM, anti-malware, IAM, Patch management
- Experience security Incidents response
- Good command of SQL language
- Good command of unix/linux/windows
- Broad-based IT experience with technical knowledge of Networks, virtualization, Hardware, Storage, Operating systems, and Applications, Business Impact Analysis, RTO/RPO
- Up-to-date understanding of emerging trends in information security and apply new techniques and trends, in-line with overall information security objectives and risk tolerance.
- Knowledge in IT risk management
- Basic Computer forensics and investigation skills
- Security requirements analysis skills
- A sound understanding of network, applications and data security
- Excellent understanding of security processes and technologies including Security Monitoring, Malware Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment and Threat Intelligence.
- Broad understanding of security techniques and technologies including Intrusion Detection, Sandbox, Proxy & URL filtering, Threat Analysis & Intelligence Fusion
- Experience in Host and Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis tools and techniques
- An understanding of the security mechanisms associated with Windows or Unix operating systems, switched networks, applications and databases
- Familiar with current malware trends and anti-malware solutions
Key Competencies/ Personal Attributes – IT Officer security operations
- Ability to work concisely when under pressure and for long hours.
- Analytical skills
- Keen attention to details
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Team player
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 18th February 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
The interview process does not have to be scary. Here are some tips you can use to make sure that you make a good first impression.