Every day time, comfort, and money matter. #ItsOnlyLogical
SWVL is a fast growing, data driven technology company which is disrupting the public transportation market in Kenya and is continuously making people’s lives better. We started with an observation of the over dependence on personal cars and the consequent pains of moving around the city. Rush hours, traffic, terrible driving habits and unavailability of parking spots came to mind in addition to the pain of high cost of on-demand services.
Our goal is to transform the transportation scene in Kenya, through providing a technology-based alternative to public transportation; a smart solution that solves the transportation equation, leading to helping more people commute for less, with ease and comfort.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
IT Engineer – Swvl – Job purpose
The purpose of this role is to design, install, and maintain a company’s computer systems. You will be responsible for testing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking systems to meet the company’s needs.
IT Engineer – Swvl – Roles and responsibilities
- Ability to discuss system needs.
- Designing and installing computer hardware configurations.
- Installing software and networking systems.
- Troubleshooting network and software issues.
- Installing high-level software security systems.
- Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
- Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Responding to general IT requests.
- Ensuring that the security software is kept up to date.
- Provide daily support for employees
- Filing monthly reports.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Familiarity with general OS systems, Enterprise, programming languages, and Office software.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of database and networking security systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ Years’ Experience
- Very Good Command of English
- MCSA, CCNA are a must
- Fortinet experience is a must
- Excellent Experience in MS Excel
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Planning on sharpening your Data Analytics skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.