Davis & Shirtliff
We are the leaders in Water & Energy solutions namely: Pumps, Boreholes, Water Treatment, Pools, Solar, Generators and Irrigation solutions.
As part of its #ImprovingLives / CSR activities, Davis & Shirtliff offers training IT Attache (s) to deserving students in institutions of higher learning. Every year however we receive an overwhelming number of applications for Training Attachment. While the company has no objection to assisting students where possible, selection under our ongoing Industrial Attachment Programme is guided strictly by our laid-down policies, and the following notes are issued for the guidance of applicants.
Our IT Attache program is designed for ongoing students on holiday breaks and as such run for three months. Prospective applicants must clearly stipulate which of the periods listed below best suits them.
- First Recruitment 2023 – January, February and March
- Second Recruitment 2023 – March, April and May
- Third Recruitment 2023 – May, June and July
- Fourth Recruitment 2023 – July, August and September
- Fifth Recruitment 2023 – September, October and November
Competition for training places is stiff and it is in the applicant’s interest to ensure that the requirements specified are abided by, to facilitate the consideration and processing of applications.
- Only 3rd and 4th-year or higher-level University/College students need to apply for training.
- Training must be authorized and approved by the Institution with whom the applicant is taking the course.
- A letter of introduction from the Institution must be attached to all applications. The letter should state or certify the following: –
- That the named applicant is pursuing a prescribed course (state course) of study at the institution.
- That the student will be covered by a Public Liability Policy through the institute for the period of training. The policy should cover against Third Party claims (property damage and bodily injury or death) arising while the student is on attachment.
- That the students will abide by all the rules of the Company.
- Indicate the period of training with dates for which the student is applying. In the case where the institute does not provide insurance coverage, the student will be required to personally acquire a suitable policy covering the period of training.
- Submit details of any previous training with the company or any other firms.
- Provide full details of academic achievements and enclose transcripts for years completed.
Provide references if any.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome or progress by e-mail, the decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered. Personal visits are not encouraged unless specifically invited for interviews. In special circumstances, students may be selected for repeat attachment.
- The attachment will be offered only once for a particular course but in very exceptional circumstances outstanding students will be given another chance during the duration of that course.
- Students must ensure that the correct address, day telephone number and e-mail for correspondence are indicated on the application.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply clearly stating the recruitment period that suits you e.g. First Recruitment 2022.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started