Reaching millions with the world’s most effective health interventions. Outsized impact recognized by @GiveWell , @CharityNav , @LifeYouCanSave + others.
The Intern – Data Learning – MLE directly supports the evidence-driven work that Evidence Action does. Concisely, the holder of this position will work primarily with the Associate, Data Learning (DL) to support the key departmental drive of translating analytical output into reports, visuals and dashboards customized for various audiences such as program staff, donors and management. He/She will also take part in reporting findings in various in-house meetings, both in-person and virtually.
Role Reports to: Senior, Associate, Data Learning (DL)
Duties And Responsibilities
The Intern – Data Learning – MLE will have the following responsibilities:
- Create periodic high-quality written and visual reports and presentations for program teams and donor reporting.
- The position holder will be primarily charged with supporting the reporting function for the Deworm the World Initiative.
- Translate analytical output into useful insights for decision-making.
- Provide support during training and mentorships of MLE field teams, in preparation for the routine bi-monthly report dissemination with programs.
- Explore new and innovative analytical and visualization tools and avenues to showcase MLE work.
- Routinely attend meetings within MLE and across various programs as required.
- Support in the writing of a quarterly MLE newsletter.
- Identify innovative methods or tools for conducting MLE work & pilot these innovations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely report development and dissemination to the program.
- Periodic delivery of analytical output in new areas/with new tools.
- Fluency in the articulation of findings both orally and in written form through reports, and visuals.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Data Journalism, Maths or Economics
- Specialized knowledge: Working knowledge of at least one data and image visualization software – Tableau/PowerBI, Piktochart, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, or GIMP.
- Working knowledge of mapping software. Either ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Essential skills: Ability to work with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in developing reports and presentations from data analysis output/ transforming data into insight.
- We are looking for an exceptional report writer.
- Abilities: Excellent report writing skills, ability to work with large amounts of information and see the ‘bigger picture’; critical thinking: ability to look at numbers, trends and data and come to new conclusions based on findings, excellent writing skills; creativity or passion for design.
- Characteristics: Pro-active; Strong communication skills; Creative/Thinking out of the box, Eye for detail and love for data.
- Must be confident when making presentations to a large audience and facilitating meetings.
- Proven work experience in data analytics or data visualization.
- Proven ability to work with tight timelines.
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Since our founding in 2013, we have reached over 515 million people globally with our interventions. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Program has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.8 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Safe Water Now provides sustained safe water access to over 10 million people in Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across nine countries in Africa and Asia, our 700+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Over the next decade, we’re setting our sights higher: We aim to reach over 600 million people globally to fulfil our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias toward action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started