Employment changes lives. Preparing, placing, and supporting people into careers.
About the job
The Digital Freelancing Program is an intensive five (5) weeks course which focuses on a combination of technical, behavioural and mindset skills required to be a successful Digital Freelance worker and to enable participants upon completion to work online and earn a decent income. We are hiring an Instructor – Digital Freelancing Program to run this program.
The primary responsibility of the Instructor – Digital Freelancing Program is to support the design of the program and provide instruction to learners following the overarching structure and flow of the Generation curriculum, including behavioural skills, mindsets, technical, and employment essentials sessions.
Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree. A postgraduate degree in social sciences, business, Information Technology or a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in training or teaching.
- Experience undertaking online work — preferable.
- Demonstrate experience undertaking Transcription — desirable.
- Experience in youth development — desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft suite of packages (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.).
Skills And Abilities
- Exceptional oral/presentation skills.
- Excellent written skills in English, especially online communication.
- Teamwork orientation, with an ability to lead learners.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to communicate with people from all walks of life.
- Self-starter with confidence and the ability to drive things with minimal oversight.
- Strong leadership skills, executive disposition, and commitment to working as a team — the ability to take a cooperative and problem-solving approach.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with learners.
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own area of work.
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and alignment with Generation’s vision, mission, and values.
- Position holder shall have their own computer and be physically located in Kisii.
What you’ll do:
Delivery of Training
- Follow the overarching structure and flow of the program’s Digital Freelancing Curriculum.
- Prepare for effective delivery by developing and executing training schedules and delivering learning content to learners.
- Working with learners to expose them to online work opportunities and ensuring each learner creates an online work profile.
- Engage participants in active thinking and participation.
- Support learners in resolving any issues they may face during training.
- Ensuring that the training program is delivered within the agreed timelines.
- Providing clear instructions as needed and responding to wide-ranging questions about online work.
- Overseeing the learners in carrying out practical tasks related to online work, advising and assisting where required, and ensuring that maximum learning opportunity is obtained from the practical experience.
- Developing relevant examples and case studies related to online work for use in training to make training sessions engaging and interesting.
- Conduct assessments and record data as outlined by the curriculum.
- Collaborate with Generations’ Quality team and commit to act on any feedback based on achieving the required quality standard of the program.
- Support and mentor learners by championing and increasing their access to online work opportunities.
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Identify and onboard Generation alumni mentors to mentor class students.
- Assign each student a mentorship group where they will be mentored by volunteer alumni mentors.
- Ensure mentors are meeting with their mentees and that the mentorship groups are active.
- Work with class mentors to identify and mitigate potential risks to participant success and achievement of their goals.
Motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges and continue their journey of professional and personal growth.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started