About the Department
The Risk Advisory Function integrates powerful and practical solutions in cyber security, strategy, regulation and controls, backed by deep business knowledge across multi-disciplinary teams, to help our clients take the opportunity to connect trust, resilience and security for a more positive outcome.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Risk Advisory Department – Risk Services as Information Technology (IT) & Specialized Assurance Consultants. These positions will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
IT & Specialized Assurance Consultant – Job Description
Main purpose of the job
The successful candidates will ensure that client’s and the Firm’s expectations are met by delivering high quality services and maintaining high utilization levels.
What you will do
- Support the delivery efforts of the engagement team in competency areas;
- Provide technical guidance and inputs on audit related projects;
- Raise issues with the manager as identified in the area of focus that may affect the quality of work and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Identify opportunities for follow-on work and work with the management to win the business;
- Proactively identify client needs and technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address them;
- Communicate regularly with both Engagement Managers and clients to meet deliverable expectations in specific areas of expertise;
- Manage information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies;
- Train and mentor junior members of the team;
- Maintain own development and knowledge in the specialized areas;
- Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management;
- Lead fieldwork audits of controls and other IT focused reviews as per Deloitte’s methodologies;
- Use established tools and methodologies to develop audit plans, collect & analyze data, document and support results; and
- Experience in business process and controls.
IT & Specialized Assurance Consultant – Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- At least 4 years’ working experience in systems controls reviews, systems implementation, or other related field, with focus on IT security.
- Thorough knowledge of Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT) or other internal control frameworks.
- Experience with leading ERP solutions (Microsoft/SAP/Oracle), operating systems and databases.
- A recognized professional qualification such as CRISC/CISA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
IT & Specialized Assurance Consultant – Additional Information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Good negotiation skills.
IT & Specialized Assurance Consultant – Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 6 April 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.
Thinking of upgrading your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.