United Women Sacco
To provide affordable financial services to our members to empower them to accomplish their financial goals.
Reporting To: Sacco Manager
SYSTEMS AND STAFF SUPPORT
The ICT Officer will:
- Perform day-to-day IT tasks including staff support, IT systems setup and installation, systems management, and maintenance.
- He/ she will also manage the Sacco network infrastructure and ensure that the machines, servers, network, and powers systems are running efficiently.
- The ICT officer will manage Sacco electronic communication systems including Email, Internet, and website. When necessary, liaise with internet service providers to resolve internet connectivity issues.
- Update the Sacco website accordingly.
- In addition to this, he/she will maintain an up to date Inventory of the Sacco IT Equipment and recommend equipment replacements where necessary based on the policies and need.
- The ICT officer will also provide technical advice on new technologies that are appropriate in enhancing the Sacco’s service delivery.
NETWORK & DATA SECURITY – ICT OFFICER JOB
- Ensure that high standards of integrity, availability and confidentiality of all Sacco data, information, networks, systems, and other IT resources are maintained.
- Perform daily system monitoring, review and address system & application logs, document and report any security incidences to the Sacco management.
- Ensure that all machines and systems are up to date with the current anti-virus software. Install software, OS and firmware updates and security patches when available.
- Ensure that the Sacco website highly available and the SSL certificate is up to date. Ensure members portal is always functional and secure.
- Conduct regular system audits. Prepare, and share regular reports with Sacco management.
DISASTER MITIGATION AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
- Develop, manage, and communicate a disaster mitigation and recovery plan that will ensure good data recovery in case of system failure/malfunction to ensure business continuity.
- Ensure all Sacco data is backed up daily and accurately following the backup plan. Conduct regular tests for the backup.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS- ICT OFFICER JOB
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognized University
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar position
- Highly familiar with a wide variety of IT security, network engineering and operating system software
- Good problem-solving skills
- Leadership, organizational and communication skills
Wondering how to you will switch career paths and join the tech industry? Click here for a quick guide.
For tips on how to position yourself for success amid the COVID-19 pandemic, please click here