SOS Children's Villages International
We care for children who have lost parental care & families at risk. Working in more than 136 countries and territories to ensure that no child grows up alone
Context of the Organization
ICT Digital Skills Training Coach Environment
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. To achieve our mission, our strategy for the upcoming decade focuses on ensuring the best care of children, innovation, and effective collaboration with more partners. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners.
ICT Digital Skills Training Coach Job Summary
The Digital Skills Training Coach works as member of the Regional Digital Skills Project for Eastern and Southern Africa region based in Kenya Nairobi. She/he is responsible for managing regional Digital Skills training to improve digital literacy of Member Associations of the region. The Digital Skills Training Coach is expected to deliver training on productivity tools, Windows operating system components and standard Business applications, furthermore she/he will lead virtual based training sessions and certification services.
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities:
The ICT Digital Skills Training Coach will do the following:
- Work closely with the regional ICT and HROD and Member Associations to perform training need assessment with in the region
- Conduct skill verification assessment to assign the correct certification module to co-worker based on the level of skills
- Develop, and implement a virtual training program after thoroughly analyzing training need assessment
- Design, implement and manage virtual trainings schedules.
- Integrate best practices in training schedules and procedures and issues.
- Conduct face to face or virtual Digital Skills trainings and respond to any queries from trainees
- Plan, conduct, manage and report remotely managed virtual Digital Skills trainings
- Maintain, update and report Digital Skills trainees register per MA and functions
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings related to Digital Skills trainings
- Work closely with trainees to make sure training and certification programs are conducted as per the guidelines and try to resolve queries and issues of trainees
- Engage with Digital Skills team to make improvements in the training programs by developing and evaluating the training manuals and methods for each training
- Conduct Digital Skills certification exams in accordance with the standards set by the exam provider
- Monitor the effectiveness of the training program by frequently evaluating the performance of the trainings
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office application and Microsoft Productivity tools.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications, abilities and behavioral competences:
- BSc degree in Computer Sciences/ Information Technology/Information Systems
- Certified in Microsoft (MCSE/MCSA or equivalent) is a must
- ICDL Certified trainer is a must
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft windows client operating systems
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office products
- Hands on experience on Microsoft Office 365 services
- Proven experience in conducting training on Microsoft office, Microsoft Client operating systems and productivity tools
- Proven experience managing ICT trainings
- Willing to Certify new technology trainings in short possible time
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills. French/Spanish is a plus.
- Relevant three years of experience in ICT training
- Certified Trainer for Microsoft Office Application and Office 365 Applications
- Certified Trainer for Microsoft Operating systems
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
How to Apply for the role of ICT Digital Skills Training Coach
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees.
Applications that are late, or do not have CV or certificates attached, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Planning on improving your Training skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.