Only KOKO, with its Smart Fuel Technology brings you the Most Affordable, Most Convenient and Safest 2-Burner cooking experience you desire.
About KOKO Networks
What you will do
- Test management. Track what has been tested on what revisions, what tests are needed for each milestone, and arrange the resources to complete testing for upcoming milestones.
- Evaluate new product concepts from a quality perspective, and define the scope of required testing/QA activities
- Plan and execute functional, non-functional, and acceptance tests during new product development
- Work closely with other teams in Engineering, Product and Operational Support to ensure a collaborative approach to product quality
- Develop your own areas of technical expertise, and share this knowledge with the rest of the QA team
- Support our operational teams with testing for maintenance updates, as well as ensuring on-going compatibility with third party software and hardware releases
- Be data driven. Use data to inform your actions as well as to help and guide other teams
- Automate, optimize and continuously improve. Enable the organization to scale through smart use of technology and refinement of the support functions processes
- Perform lab and field testing in root cause analysis and solution testing scenarios.
- Help build the engineering culture at KOKO, support your fellow engineers and infuse engineering excellence into the team.
What you will bring to KOKO as the Hardware QA Engineer
- A degree in one of mechanical or electronics or embedded software engineer areas
- 3+ years professional experience in a QA role working with hardware at scale
- Ability to set up and use automated testing tools and frameworks to test IoT devices
- Experienced in testing IoT and/or embedded systems, motors / pump control
- Able to write test scripts in C/C++ or Python and manage custom test fixtures
- Write and deliver detailed test plans, strategies, checklists and results
- Knowledge of different test methods (unit, integration, system)
- Ability to work out of your comfort zone
- Willingness to learn new techniques and teach them
- Clear communicator who is used to translating business needs into testing requirements in close collaboration with stakeholders
- Empathy for your colleagues and your internal customers, encouraging team members to think creatively while knowing where to intervene to tackle tough problems and navigate conflicts.
Nice to have
- IOT Security & Penetration testing experience
- Knowledge of automated dispensing systems design for liquids and solids.
- Knowledge of fuel distribution industry
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Hybrid working model – allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
Looking to sharpen your Software Engineering skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.