Nova Pioneer is looking for a Rockstar Global Technology Manager who will be based in Kenya. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
This role will work closely with our Global Director of Operations and various functions in Marketing, Finance, Operations and our school network.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Strategy/ Architecture
• Work with the Global Director of Operations across geographies to ensure that our overall systems and data architecture flow across the organization as intended, in particular our core systems of ERP (Netsuite), CRM (Salesforce), and SIS (Edadmin)
• Needs Analysis and Improvements
• Work with internal business owners to lead and support the improvement and development of our key systems.
• Implementation and Training
• Responsible for building and executing the implementation plan with our partners and internal teams, including but not limited to the tech (IT) associates in Kenya and South Africa.
• Custom Development
• Identify any custom development needs, and work with internal and external resources to implement and roll out as per the strategy. Own the road map for new feature and version roll-outs / roll overs, and ensure that the users of the respective systems get the requisite support & training
• Support Management
• Ensuring that support across all of our core systems is dynamic and effective, that processes are standardized and delivery and resolution to issues arising are timely.
Skills and Qualifications required:
• Completed a Bachelors Degree- A Degree in Computer Science or Information preferred
• 5+ years work experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organisations
• Experiencing working in a company both globally and cross-functionally
• Proven ability to work well with stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds
• Experience designing and implementing org-wide systems and processes • Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Experience working experience in functional and/or technical design of custom technology applications (Java, .NET, C/C++)
• Knowledge on UML, XML and SQL
• Strong project management skills
• Familiarity and experience with Salesforce and Netsuite (or similar ERP)
• You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
• You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
About Nova Pioneer:
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century; A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them; A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask why instead of telling them the what. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Nova Pioneer currently has 13 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.