The General Manager (GM) Enterprise Security Architecture is responsible for developing and maintaining an enterprise security architecture to protect EQUITY Group and its subsidiaries. The role will define, plan, architect, and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of information security required to protect the organization’s IT infrastructure and application platforms. The role of General Manager (GM) Enterprise Security Architecture also includes optimization and standardization of information security across the enterprise and maintaining the product and domain architectures and roadmaps across all business lines and platforms such as Banking, Fintech, InsureTech, Investment, Foundation etc.
- Four-year tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Additional business-related qualifications such as MBA are preferred
- Three or more of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Blockchain Solution Architect
- Certified Blockchain Security Professional
- Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect
- Network Certifications e.g., CompTIA, Cisco, Checkpoint
- Leader or Manager with a track record of at least 10 years in technical security disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in the banking or telecommunications industry
- Experience in managing large teams across multiple organisations/countries
- Experience in designing and implementing organisation-wide info/ cybersecurity framework & projects
- Experience working in various countries in Africa and have a grasp of political, social, infrastructure and integrity challenges
- Experience in the development of security strategies and architectures, supporting execution plans
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, within an extremely fast-paced, high-growth company.
Key Critical Competencies
- Strong understanding of common best practices, frameworks, and regulations (NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen with a commercial outlook
- Good working knowledge of current information and cyber security risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel across the Group to explain and enforce security measures
- Analytical skills with complex problem-solving experience
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Ability to assess process effectiveness and implement improvements where appropriate.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started