We are a Kenyan early-stage electric mobility startup with a mission to create the future of clean, fully electric bus transportation in Africa.
Full Stack Software Engineer – Job Description
BasiGo is an early stage e-mobility start-up looking to revolutionize the public transportation sector by providing matatu owners with a cost effective electric alternative to diesel. We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team. The Full Stack Software Engineer will work with the engineering team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and build tools to facilitate an amazing customer experience for our clients, drivers, and passengers.
You might like this job if:
- You’re detail oriented and love using technology to solve problems
- You’re results driven and create tools and systems to enable efficient growth
- You’re ambitious, quick to learn new skills, and like to multitask
- You love Nairobi, and want to help clean up the city’s air
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a suite of software applications for data acquisition, customer management, customer reporting and payments, and operations management.
- Develop internal and client facing front-end web interfaces on established frameworks.
- Build out a reliable cloud based architecture (e.g. AWS or other)
- Develop interfaces to third-party software services and data systems.
- Deploy tools and simple processes to facilitate QA, issue resolution, and bug tracking.
- Work with cross-departmental teammates to assess SW development projects, define priorities, communicate status, and develop priorities.
- Mentor junior software engineers
Full Stack Software Engineer – Our ideal candidate would have:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or four year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or at least 5 years of experience as a senior developer at a brand name technology company.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net, and utilizing external APIs for integration with partner systems
- Proficiency developing simple mobile applications for Android OS.
- Understanding of software QA processes and a demonstrated ability to self-test and personally ensure quality for code.
- Direct experience with relational database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or other similar cloud-based infrastructure services.
- Experience managing small developer teams.
Attitude and Approach:
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure
- Growth mindset, excited to learn and not scared of asking questions
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Would you like to learn more about Software Development, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started