Pareto is a talent-first human data collection platform, harnessing the top 0.01% of data labelers to deliver premium training data for AI/LLM development.
About this role
We’re seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join our 5-member engineering team. You’ll play a pivotal part in developing the next-generation human data collection infrastructure for AI/ML development, driving product strategy, and directly impacting our startup trajectory.
You’d be a great fit at Pareto if:
- You value dedicated teamwork, respect, and curiosity, as well as navigating communication in cross-functional, culturally diverse environments.
- Engineering excellence is your pursuit, demonstrated by your solid understanding of modern front-end technologies (React) and back-end libraries (Django).
- You are not content with the status quo and consistently seek innovative solutions to existing problems, with a commitment to personal and collective growth.
The Full Stack Engineer role has the following responsibilities:
- Full-stack development from architecture and specifications to live deployments.
- Ability to understand, translate, break down, and estimate the product roadmap into features.
- Lead user testing sessions with stakeholders on some of the features you implement.
- An understanding of optimization, security, and an eye for code cleanliness.
- Contribute to maintaining a best-in-class quality pipeline, encompassing Linting, CI/CD, and usability tests.
What you’ll need:
- Ambition to be consistently testing and optimizing code and queries.
- 2+ years of professional experience with enterprise architecture and a deep understanding of REST/GraphQL API patterns.
- Professional experience with Django
- Experience with Webpack bundler and optimizing builds, or the ambition to jump in and learn.
- Knowledge of different database systems (RDBMS) — we use Postgres
- Understanding of securing API endpoints and microservice architecture challenges.
- Familiarity with product and design lifecycles, collaborating with designers and product managers.
- Proven ability to write high-quality, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with GraphQL — such as usage of Apollo, Relay, or Graphene.
- Familiarity with Celery, Redis, and Webpack.
- Dev ops experience — we have automated pipelines that build AWS clusters.
- Familiarity with or an interest in improving developer tooling — we’re currently running a one-command setup for a full-blown local dev environment that mimics prod!
- Exposure to data science or data engineering.
More about the role:
- Ground floor opportunity at a venture-backed startup.
- An international and dynamic work environment with flat hierarchies and space for ownership.
- Challenging and diverse projects for continuous growth.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Annual stipend to support home office needs.
- Medical insurance reimbursement.
- We’re a remote-first company with an engineering team spread across the US, Africa, and Latin America, with a greater team that extends to Asia, too. To make this work, we have core collaboration hours set from 8 am to 1 pm PST, during which we have our stand-ups, planning meetings, or retros.
- Django 5
- Python 3.12
- React 18.2
Our engineering interview process:
- Cultural interview with CEO or Tech Lead.
- Technical interview with the engineering team, including a technical challenge and discussion of past experiences.
- The short technical challenge was followed by a presentation to the core team.
At Pareto.AI, we match AI companies with extraordinary data labellers, helping AI developers fine-tune their models with the highest quality training data at unbeatable prices. Our team is at the forefront of AI development, building a talent platform to enable direct collaboration between AI researchers and experts across medicine, finance, engineering, law, and many more domains to train bespoke AI models.
We have established strong partnerships with leading AI developers and crowd researchers at organizations like Character.AI, Imbue, Stanford, and UPenn, among others. As a fully remote and global venture-backed startup headquartered in San Francisco, we boast a 20-member core team and a 150-member operations team.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started