SunCulture develops and commercializes life-changing technologies that solve the biggest daily challenges for the world's 570 million smallholder farmers
About the role
The key responsibilities of the Full Stack Developer include designing, executing, and releasing software solutions to manage existing or new requirements by Business Users within agreed deadlines. This includes coordinating with other business units and managing the software engineering and BI team members. This role requires you to have exceptional knowledge of systems architecture, cloud platforms, and coding best practices when it comes to delivering technology solutions.
Your core responsibility as the Full Stack Developer is to ensure the completion, maintenance, and updating of SunCulture’s software and BI systems. You will take full ownership of technical management, system design and releasing solutions according to high-quality coding standards. You are expected to be the voice when it comes to forwarding our solutions and pushing us towards a world-class application architecture and positioning our digital products as high-value add-ons to our physical products.
Be the senior developer/tech lead managing a team of 3-4 technical resources
Transition SunCulture to the next level of software by better design and usage of a microservice-based architecture
Put in place coding best practices and standards that help to achieve a high coding velocity
Lead the design and implementation of our strategic initiative
API-based decision-making layer and the data warehousing that powers it
Mobile empowered customers and field staff, by making our tools, mobile, integrated and compatible with our rural clients
Transition our solar devices from a read-only IoT interface to a truly smart device
Expand our reach into new markets either directly or through distributors, by supporting an array of different business models that are compatible with our core services.
Integrations with 3RD Party Applications.
Be a strong voice in how technology is shaping SunCulture
Represent the company in pan-Africa technology and digital agriculture events
Does this sound like you?
● 4+ years of experience managing several tech resources as a senior developer
● High-performing experience with the technologies that we have within our stack. They include but
are not limited to:
○ AWS for infrastructure
○ Micro servicing technologies (we use a mix, but mostly AWS Lambda)
○ React JS
○ PostgreSQL, Mysql
○ ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
○ Git Action for release registration
● Agile with the ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment
● Masters’s Degree in Information, Communication and Technology, or equivalent experience
● Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
● Excellent communication and problem-solving ability
● Able to work in a dynamic environment with immense pressure that requires the ability to solve problems
● Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, be organized, and adhere to deadlines
● Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started