Our mission is to build a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets to the FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Frontend Software Engineer – Role Profile
The role holder will be responsible for translating the business requirements into technical specs, then engineer effective solutions to solve business problems.
As a Frontend Software Engineer at Kyosk, you will
- Build innovative financial features: providing a delightful onboarding experience or a card ordering as easy as possible
- Keep a high level of code quality across our apps: 25% of our team’s time is spent doing bug hunting and code refactoring
- Maintain and enhance our design system, by collaborating with product designers to implement pixel-perfect HTML and CSS (you might need to learn CSS Grid if you don’t know it already)
- Handle data from our back end APIs, by formatting requests to and normalizing responses from our internal banking microservices,
- Help scale our frontend codebase, while maintaining our strong engineering culture,
- Work in a comfortable environment, where our apps are continuously deployed, easy to test and covered with visual regression tools
Frontend Software Engineer – About You
- Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer who is interested in hard problems and delivering value,
- Impact Maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark,
- Best Practices: You are an organized worker who follows best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews,
- Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer who is eager to learn a new framework, banking domain and introduce new tools and services where it can help us grow,
- Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team and can easily work with non-technical colleagues,
What to expect from our hiring process:
- A 45 min interview with the Lead Frontend Engineer to create a strong alignment on what they’ll expect from you, and tell you more about their way to operate
- An exercise to evaluate your coding skills
- An interview with future team members to discuss your exercise and help you project yourself in the company
- Final interviews with our CTO
Looking to sharpen your Software Engineering skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.