Jumba is a construction tech platform that simplifies B2B purchase and financing of construction materials
About the job
Who we are: We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Engineer, who is experienced in developing complex web experiences with the ability to adapt, learn quickly and have excellent problem-solving skills. You’ll build scalable, fast and secure software that serves the needs of our customers all over Africa.
People at Jumba have in the past year reinvented an entire industry, imagine what you could do here!
Mission: Leverage technology to simplify the construction industry to make it more transparent, reliable, and affordable for people in Africa to build.
Vision: The go-to partner for construction projects in Africa.
Our Values: Customer Obsession, Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork, and Reliability
Reporting to: CTO and Co-Founder
Key Responsibilities: –
- Develop and maintain complex web applications
- Create test plans and write unit and functional tests.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Perform code reviews of other team members’ code, ensuring timely and constructive feedback to colleagues’ contributions.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Ensure that all deliverables meet the highest standards of quality.
- Write and review technical documents covering the design and implementation of features.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the direct line manager.
The Frontend Engineer role has the following requirements:
- Minimum 1-year work experience in building front-end applications.
- Experience using React and related technologies is an added advantage.
- Experience with unit and functional testing.
- Experience with database design – NoSQL and SQL.
Must have skills
- Unit and Functional testing
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started