Easily integrate AI into your communications apps with our next-gen APIs and GPU network #AI #Inference #SMSAPI #VoiceAPI #IoT
As a FreeSWITCH Software Engineer, you will be responsible for operating, expanding, and maintaining our FreeSWITCH-based back-to-back-user-agent service. This role involves working on the implementation of changes, bug fixes, development of new modules, expansions, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall reliability and performance of the system.
You will join a team of FreeSWITCH Engineers who lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges. You’ll also get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales, and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
- Develop, implement, and maintain features and functionalities within the FreeSWITCH-based B2BUA service.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging of issues related to VoIP protocols such as SIP, RTP, and WebRTC.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software improvements and enhancements.
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance.
- Conduct code reviews, ensure code quality, and follow best practices in software development.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology advancements to recommend and implement improvements.
- Own all aspects of the FreeSWITCH-based B2BUA service, from the design of new features to the implementation, QA, deployment to production, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Integrate the B2BUA service with other services that are part of the Telephony Engine by interfacing with other teams at Telnyx.
- Handle escalations from other teams about B2BUA-related issues.
- Be the subject matter expert for any FreeSWITCH-related question coming from different parts of the company.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that ensure production systems are always healthy.
- Automate processes that allow for faster deployment cycles and capacity scaling.
The FreeSWITCH Software Engineer role has the following requirements:
- Experience with C/C++ Software Development: Proven experience in C/C++ software development, including coding, debugging, and optimization.
- Experience with VoIP Protocols: Strong familiarity with VoIP protocols, including SIP, RTP, and WebRTC, and the ability to troubleshoot and work with these technologies.
- Experience with FreeSWITCH Source Code: Previous experience working with FreeSWITCH source code is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Kamailio, OpenSIPS, RTPEngine, Asterisk or other major VoIP projects.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining distributed applications at scale.
- Experience with containers and automation/orchestration tools such as Docker, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Expertise leveraging modern libraries such as Boost.
- Familiarity with automake and autoconf build systems.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started