The team you’ll be part of
As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
The FM Engineer L2 IPMPLS is responsible for the optimization of the customer’s IP/MPLS network, technical analysis, design preparation, and technical review for new implementations, upgrades, and/or services. You will be expected to assist with the automation of our Network Engineering processes. As the FM Engineer L2 IPMPLS, you will also be responsible for providing engineering-level support to Network Operations teams as it relates to potential network design improvements.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Identify service degradations on IP MPLS Network associated with network events and incidents; assess business impact, isolate root causes, and initiate corrective actions based on the severity or type of event.
- Provide prompt and appropriate follow-up with regular feedback to customers in relation to ongoing issues in IP MPLS Network.
- Generate reports on network performance, capacity, trouble-shooting results and routine maintenance of network elements for tracking purposes and learning opportunities.
- Ensure only authorized sub-contractors, external companies, field services, Technical support operations and/or other parties have access to the network components.
- Provide feedback and recommendation for Operations Support Systems (OSS) Tools improvements, regarding process flows, event management and correlation.
- Foster relationships, build customer trust, manage difficult situations, and negotiate conflicts with a technical focus in IP MPLS Network.
- Create an environment in which customers will be encouraged to take further steps to increase the business with Nokia (up-scope).
- Present requirements for project-specific processes & tools.
- Proactively support network performance, change management, and business opportunity identification as well as in the end-to-end lessons learned process.
- Provide support for the installation of new network elements and recovery of existing elements.
- Maintain network documentation within the knowledge database and update as required.
- Maintain customer network inventory including spares.
- Initiate repair and return process for faulty equipment
- Contact TAC for support
- Automation of system monitoring.
- Follow all Nokia Information Security policies and guidelines including ISMS (ISO27001 program).
- Follow all Nokia Information Security policies and guidelines including ISMS (ISO27001 program)
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on IP/MPLS experience
- IP certifications (Cisco/Juniper/NRS)
- Direct working experience in customer handling and ability to understand requirements.
- Excellent skills in configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches.
- Knowledge and experience with IP protocols such as OSPF, ISIS and BGP.
- Experience with MPLS technology including LDP, RSVP/TE, L2/L3 VPN.
- Experience with Linux operating systems is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate adaptability & learning ability in the new technological area
- Process orientation
- Willingness to learn, share knowledge and transfer competence to team members.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Team Player.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Familiar with NetAct/ENM System administration.
- Good skills in UNIX (Linux) System Administration & Oracle System Administration.
- Good knowledge of automation scripting.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started