Your GOALS + Our EXPERTISE= Seamless Business & Career Success.
About This Job:
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Firmware Testing and Support Engineer
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Reports to Lead Hardware Engineer
Ensure the reliable operation of our meters by conducting rigorous testing of current and future firmware versions, continuously improving the firmware testing process and making recommendations to improve meter firmware.
Clients in Kenya and Tanzania
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
The Firmware Testing & Support Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Test firmware versions under development
- Analyse and record test results, and prepare written test reports
- Recommend improvements in meter software and hardware design. Continuously improve testing processes
- Monitor and analyse the performance of deployed firmware
- Support firmware release process
- Investigate technical issues and potential tampering incidents and recommend resolutions.
- Train colleagues in the repair and configuration of meters.
- Analyse daily meter performance and report issues.
- Provide technical assistance to our technicians and salespersons in the field.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to read circuit schematics and board layouts in electrical CAD programs
- Knowledge of hardware (embedded hardware) and firmware interaction.
- Experience in C/C++ and Java programming languages.
- Experience with MySQL is an added advantage
- Enthusiasm to continuously improve skills and learn new technologies
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data using Excel
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started