Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa
The Finacle Developer will support the business to achieve its goals and objectives using effective, contemporary IT practices, and modern technologies, and adhering to the laid down policies and procedures to achieve the strategic objectives.
The Finacle Developer will offer both functional and technical expertise related to core banking applications, in the areas of operations, credit, clearing, payments, trade finance, treasury, custodial, integrations, databases, information security, etc. Additionally, the developer will provide expert knowledge and facilitate knowledge transfer and training to meet the key objectives of IT; ensure systems availability, provide continuity, confidentiality, and continuous Improvement.
The Finacle Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide Level 2 (L2) technical & functional and administration support of applications ensuring compliance with business expectations.
- Carry out troubleshooting, installation, configurations, and correction of scripts including optimizations, guidance, escalations, and coordination with vendor & end-user training.
- Development of new inbound and outbound APIs for Core, CRM, SSO, SVS, RI
- Report development
- Implement and maintain systems for monitoring/audit of functionalities.
- Implement changes in parameters, configurations and deployment of patches based on the approved Change / Configuration Management process.
- Develop and update technical procedures, release notes/ deployment architectures and desktop instruction documents for all assigned applications.
- Provide regular status updates of issues/requirements assigned/allocated.
- Adhere to the bank’s incident, problem, and change management processes (Ticket assignment and resolution, Problem management to resolve the root cause of repeat incidents, attending CAB meetings and verifying all changes implemented are properly tested to minimise incidents related to changes).
- Support businesses in executing UATs.
- Provide required support for the rollout of new functionalities, products, processes, and mandates.
- Ensure the security of data and information within the Applications Systems (Data Protection laws apply).
- Support the execution of design, planning and implementation of bank projects that promote business needs.
- Support the business continuity management activities (deployment, restoration, failovers, DR testing).
- Training of the application to the relevant support teams.
- Efficient and effective in issue resolution.
- Demonstration of sound technical judgement, communication skills and talent development capabilities.
- To maintain the Culture Brand of the organization and customer service
- Contribute to business growth and sales of the organization.
- Excellent understanding of Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of local IT standards, laws and regulations.
- Expert knowledge; exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Leads the development of highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts.
- Guides and transfers knowledge to the team.
- Enterprise IT skills.
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Being adaptable, excellent Teamwork/Interpersonal skills.
- Customer handling skills.
- Work under pressure and multitask.
- Flexibility to work in a 24×7 environment.
- Analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of organization, vision, mission, and culture.
- Understanding of banking processes, technologies, and best practices.
- Understanding of the below-mentioned platforms, applications, databases, and utilities:
- UNIX / Linux / MS Windows Server
- Scripting languages including UNIX
- Oracle, SQL, PL-SQL
- Web Technologies (J2EE, IIS, Weblogic, Apache)
- Banking, Financial sector and Insurance domain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent.
- Experience in application system administration skills and certifications, for example, Linux, microservices, database (Oracle, MySQL, db2, Postgre, Maria, etc), Middlewares (WebLogic, WebSphere, tomcat, Wildfly, etc) Java, SQL, Window PowerShell, C++, UNIX scripting, and other related certifications.
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems, proven ability to function in a self–directed environment.
- Experienced in project management and running multiple projects.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Able to operate in a performance-driven organization.
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies.
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and within constraints.
- Prior experience in the clearing, branch operations, trade finance, credit, customizations, and reports.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started