Dimension Data East Africa
Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organisations achieve great things in the digital era.
Is the thought of working with cutting-edge technology exciting for you? Are your skills not being fully utilised in your current role? Join our company in a fixed-term contract role as an Enterprise Network & Security Engineer! This role will be based at a client site.
As a Network Security Engineer, you play a pivotal role in the design, implementation, maintenance, and integration of the corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture. The individual is responsible for the implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
The Network Security Engineer is tasked with devising comprehensive network security policies. This includes determining security issues that need to be addressed; identifying security strategies needed to deal with the risks; implementing policies for allocating administrative tasks; keeping on top of audit logs to flag suspicious activity; and devising network password procedures.
The incumbent will isolate, troubleshoots, and resolves technical network security-related issues in a timely manner; ensures client expectations are properly managed and provide reports on configurations done while observing both proprietary and industry best practices.
The Enterprise Network & Security Engineer is expected to conduct routine network-based risk assessments to test and audit the overall security of a client network. He or she will be part of a team that helps to design new solutions for corporate network infrastructure and implementation and support of third-party security solutions.
- Develops software in a functional and testing environment
- Implement and support networking concepts which include switching VLANs to segmentation, routing, IP sub-netting, unicast, multicast, broadcast, DHCP, access control lists, routing protocols, encryption, authentication, and/or IP packet forwarding
- To design, implementations & Support, of infrastructure support systems such as directory systems e.g., Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NTP, PKI, virtualization
- Configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and any other related software, such as anti-virus, routers, Anti-SPAM, switches, intrusion detection or intrusion prevention, firewalls, cryptography systems, SIEM, and MDM
- Plan and appraise ongoing assessment of antivirus, application control, firewall, SIEM, VPN, SSL, intrusion detection or intrusion prevention and other network components
- Monitor WAN, LAN, organizational security, and server architecture by regularly conducting the maintenance of firewalls, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP, web and email security programs and protocols such as UDP, IPSec, TCP/IP, and HTTPS
- Guarantee network security best practices are executed through auditing: router, change control, switch, firewall configurations, and monitoring
- Responsible for periodic vulnerability testing, and leading remediation projects
- Articulate systems and methodologies as well as reply to security-related events and support in remediation efforts
- Coordinate and oversee log analysis for company-managed services offerings to ensure customer policy and security requirements are met
- Maintain network security devices to enable pro-active defence of networks within a managed service SOC environment, providing protective monitoring to multiple commercial customers
- Work in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders to ensure customers have devices that are fully operational and secure
- Act under authorization from engineering to maintain the configuration and have a comprehensive understanding and technical know-how in server administration, including deployment, patching, network device configuration, and hardware management (including cable management)
- Work under strict change control processes to ensure only authorized changes are made to devices
- Record security incidents and produce periodic security reporting for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information systems or Computer Science/Engineering with 4 to 5 years of technical hands-on experience
- Expert level Vendor Certifications such as Cisco CCNP Security, Checkpoint CCSA, Cisco ASA firewall, CCSE Fortinet NSE 4, Palo Alto PCNSE, F5 ITIL, Cisco Dou, Umbrella, ISE, Firewalls, cloud watch
- Extensive technical know-how of security network devices (Routers, switches, antivirus, firewalls, cryptography, SIEM) and any other security networking hardware or software tools
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewall and strong routing & switching skills and capability
- Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge implementing, configuring, integrating, and supporting the network security with Checkpoint, F5 Load balancers, Cisco ISE, Palo Alto, Juniper, or Fortinet
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as WAN connectivity, transport types and protocols, and experience with wireless technology and Wireless Deployment
- Stress-resistant and priority/Time management skills
- Willing to increase technical knowledge by self-training
Are you looking to sharpen your Network Security skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started