Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
Position: Engineering Manager reporting to Global Head of Engineering
We are looking for an individual who has a deep interest and passion for technology, people, processes, engineering excellence rigour and loves to build products for customers, our philosophy is to build the world’s best experiences for our customers and you as a leader promote technology best practices, product discovery, design culture, engineering excellence, rigour, agile best practices, TDD, peer reviews, branching strategies, release management, automated testing, non-functional requirements optimization, simplification as a core culture in the engineering organization.
The engineering manager (Mobile) has not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your systems but make sure engineers can optimize design and systems across platforms/teams. As an Engineering Manager, you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. Engineering teams work all across the company, in areas such as Customer Engagement, Supply Chain, Finance, Revenue, Data Engineering, Information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
Locations: Bangalore, India, Nairobi, Kenya or Fumba, Zanzibar
Duties & Responsibilities
- You not only have the technical chops to roll up your sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of top-notch engineers.
- As an Engineering Manager, you manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluations and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, a lot is happening. You are their default mentor for your team.
- You work closely with the Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Perform well in uncertainties, collaborate, and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations.
- Updates with new technology trends and constantly adopts them to improve the games.
- Improve the productivity of the team with better designs, patterns and coding best practices.
- Facilitate and create a problem-solving culture in the team.
- Demonstrates strong execution skills, decision-making skills, and data-driven.
- Be obsessed with players and give the best experience to our players.
- Driving Non-Functional Requirements.
Engineering Manager (Mobile) – Requirements:
- 10+ years prior experience in software product development.
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams, including hiring, mentoring and building strong teams.
- Masters / Degree in Computer Science or Related Field from premier institutes.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills with experience in building strong internal relationships
- Good Analytical, Problem-solving and Debugging skills.
- Hands-on experience in Designing, Coding and release management.
- 8+ years of experience building mobile applications
- Expertise in mobile stacks (Android, React Native, Flutter, iOS)
- Deep knowledge of Java, Swift, Kotlin, and Flutter
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect apps to back-end services
- Strong understanding of designs, patterns & frameworks (PWA, MVPP, WebViews, Hybrid Apps,
- Expertise in performance optimization, troubleshooting, and handling multiple apps and upgrades.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Proficient with RDBMS & NoSQL Databases
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
Good to have:
- Knowledge of B2B & B2C retail eCommerce
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large-scale, consumer-facing web applications.
- DevOps mindset.
- Product Management Experience
- QA Automation Experience
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started