Jumba is a construction tech platform that simplifies B2B purchase and financing of construction materials
Who we are:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Manager. Jumba is a tech company that is simplifying the purchasing and financing of construction materials in Africa. Founded in April 2022, Jumba is building a platform that connects manufacturers and suppliers of construction supplies to builders and hardware retail stores. We have a strong emphasis on innovation and value, offering the construction industry creative, digital and financially viable solutions for the digital age.
Mission: Leverage technology to simplify the construction industry to make it more transparent, reliable and affordable for people in Africa to build.
Vision: The go-to partner for construction projects in Africa.
Our Values: Customer Obsession, Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork, Reliability
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Key Job Functions:
- Manage the engineering team, ensuring their growth and wellness.
- Promote an engineering culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Maintain a culture of constructive feedback to engineers and designers in your team on how they can improve their code quality, prototyping cadence, and time to ship.
- Sprint planning and tracking.
- Work with your team to define the engineering roadmap and sprint planning while being ultimately responsible for execution.
- Partner with product and managers within the business to lay out and execute product roadmaps and technical strategy.
- Create and Maintain Engineering policies for the business.
- Lead the software architecture, design & code reviews, and delivery of projects, interfacing with product management, design and other dependencies.
- Work side-by-side with other engineers on the team, fixing bugs and shipping code improvements to production
- Be leading execution for your team, ensuring the teams is in sync and shipping at a good pace
- Assess and mitigate the risk of software deployment, determining deployment schedule and maintaining high standards of internal documentation.
This position reports to:
Co-founder and CTO
- Extensive experience with designing, developing, and deploying large-scale systems
- Strong understanding of architectural challenges of high-performance, high-availability, distributed systems, with the ability to positively influence architecture and design decisions
- Good understanding of information security concepts and best practices
- 2 years + of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Software Engineering or related STEM Education
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started