The leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya.
We are pleased to announce the position of an Engineer – Cloud, Container & SRE Engineer in the Digital IT within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria below.
Reporting to the Cloud, Container & SRE Chapter Lead, the position holder shall provide expertise in planning and operations of the Container & Cloud platforms to support DevOps and Business projects by building robust data pipelines using ETL tools thus having releases through automated CI / CD processes
- Agile practices and ways of working, including the use of tools such as Jira & Confluence
- Sharing expertise with Squad members and working cross-functionally to advance the work of the Squad
- Responsible for building, maintaining and supporting high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed Platform as a Service system.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the infrastructure with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Work as a Squad Member in the domain of expertise, helping to advance the work and using the experience to maximize Squad performance
- Responsible for establishing and improving team processes and workflows to maximize the efficiency and productivity of people and systems.
- Responsible for reviewing cloud technologies and defining digital transformation models and roadmaps.
- Lead in automation of infrastructure at a massive scale to support scaling of digital services.
- Professional experience in building robust data pipelines using the ETL tool
Engineer – Cloud Container & SRE Engineer – Qualifications
- BSc Degree in computer science, IT or engineering.
- 2+ years experience in infrastructure support and planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Redhat virtualization.
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, and CloudFoundry.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Experience with Configuration Management eg Chef, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Good understanding of build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile principles.
- Cloud knowledge and integration models.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started