A leading global manufacturer of performance materials and specialty chemicals.
Your Role at Cabot
We are looking for highly motivated, technically adept and customer service-focused Field Service Engineers with a desire to work in a fast-paced, deep relationship environment.
Under limited supervision, the Digital Field Service Engineer provides second-level IT technical support of desktops and IT equipment at the site or remotely. This includes the diagnoses and problem-solving of issues on a particular technology or local application. Resolves problems of higher complexity. Trains others and may assist with the coordination of regional activities and support Digital projects & Global initiatives. This includes working with our MSP (Managed Service Provider) Cognizant.
How You Will Make An Impact
As the Digital Field Service Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provides second-level support directly to local users at business or manufacturing sites or to regional users remotely. Ensures smooth and timely attention and solution to user problems. Handles a wide variety of service issues, including more complex problems. Consistently meet Service Level Agreements and communicate directly with customers via phone, e-mail, and remote diagnostics to identify, reproduce and resolve reported issues.
- Provides new user induction training as part of the onboarding process and takes care of the hardware provisioning which includes the Digital Workplace.
- Ensures and maintains sufficient computer equipment capacity (inventory) related to all client/servers, LAN, telecommunications, and other infrastructure equipment. This includes maintaining a clean and organized server room with clear documentation and tracking physical returns of client equipment and updating CMDB (Configuration Management DataBase) accordingly.
- Perform physical asset audit to validate that the data in the CMDB is accurate and current as requested, (Stale report) and maintain inventory for computers ready to deploy.
- Provides one-on-one training and/or day-to-day guidance to users and less experienced specialists directly or remotely as needed.
- Executes established Digital procedures and guidelines. May assist with the drafting of new procedures as needed. Monitors equipment activity against global standards and planned activities.
- Maintain & update tickets in ServiceNow and communicates status. Applies proper ticket hygiene, manages ageing tickets, backlog and escalates where needed.
- Maintains local vendor relations where applicable e.g. Mobile service provider
- Creates Knowledge Base articles to ‘left shift’ some of the local support to the Service Desk or L2 Teams. (Shift Left: make knowledge available to less experienced support teams, helping them answer more difficult customer questions.)
- Executes wellness checks to the identified Cabot’s location(s) as requested and approved by Cabot
- Regularly defining and updating the Site runbook to document the onsite activities/systems / Infrastructure.
- Flexibility in terms of travel to nearby and remote locations
- Coordinate IMAC-D service requests with Service Desk and all other necessary service providers, Third-Party and Cabot support organizations to resolution and closure. (IMAC-D: Install, Move, Add, Change or Delete)
- Provide level 3 support and problem resolution for printing issues at the site level, and smart hands support for third-party provider-managed devices
- May administer and support telephone systems, including moves, changes, and configurations, depending on location.
- Configure, troubleshoot, isolate, repair, and resolve all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printer/scanners/copiers, audiovisual equipment, hardware peripherals and other desktop-related equipment.
- Participates in after-hours emergency calls (P1 incidents) or on-call rotation
- Support the tactical and strategic goals of the Team
- Coordinate with the end users or other site staff to schedule on-site technical support service visits in response to incidents or service requests.
- Coordinate with appropriate level 2 or level 3 analyst(s) in response to an escalated incident or service request
- Build, configure and test device implementation in accordance with the Standard equipment configurations and software image in accordance with the procedures and specific service requests (PC refresh)
- Support Audio and visual services including management of conference rooms, huddle space and all employee space, including management of desktop equipment, and teleconference tool management.
What You Will Bring To Cabot
The role of Digital Field Service Engineer has the following requirements:
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnosis skills; ability to use Root Cause Analysis techniques to trace problems to their source and find solutions.
- Good knowledge of ITIL Processes
- Good knowledge of ticketing and monitoring tools (preferably ServiceNow)
- Interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to maintain positive relationships and work collaboratively with others, including cross-functional staff.
- Desktop operation and support – Installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of ongoing usability of desktop, computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines; Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software; Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity; Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software; Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Operating Systems – Windows 7 to 8.1 and Windows 10, Windows 11 (preferably), OS installation with an experience on all tools majorly PXE Boot.
- SCCM – Operating system deployments, Application and Security Patch Deployment, Troubleshooting.
- Office Suites – Microsoft Office Suite – Office, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365
- Ability to coordinate activities connected to larger projects.
- Language-specific skills:
- English is mandated (Reading, writing, and listening)
- Local language based on work location.
- Education / Certifications:
- High School Graduation with Technical Certifications (per below)
- A+ certification or equivalent knowledge
- Hardware / OEM warranty certifications
- Microsoft certifications
- Familiarity with ITIL processes
- 6+ years of experience required.
- Willingness to travel: This role may involve occasional travel to various sites in their respective region. It may require on-call support during major incidents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Must have good team spirit and coordination skills.
- Ability to own certain tasks and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLAs.
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Service best practices.
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Stays up to date with current technologies related to Desktop administration and ITIL.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started