Your GOALS + Our EXPERTISE= Seamless Business & Career Success.
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Devops Team Lead to work in Nairobi.
Lead the development, deployment, and operation of our software in AWS (Amazon Web Services) enabling frequent, secure, and reliable release of software to production. Ensure high availability of production systems. The full set of our bespoke software in development, test and production environments for our businesses in Kenya, Tanzania and elsewhere
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a distributed team of DevOps Engineers.
- Automate and run the build, test, and deployment of our software in AWS
- Provide guidance to development teams to improve the performance and operability of the solutions they develop.
- The DevOps Team Lead will lead a distributed team of colleagues and consultants in Kenya, Tanzania, China, the UK, the USA and elsewhere.
- CircleTech delivers a 24-hour service to customers. The DevOps Team Lead may be required to work overnight and at weekends to resolve urgent technical incidents or to make changes at a time that causes the least disruption to customers.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related build processes.
- Implement monitoring tools to detect issues, measure performance and provide telemetry for developers.
- Build automated testing to reduce manual effort and improve product quality.
- Ensure that systems meet business and customer needs for reliability and availability by designing and building infrastructure that delivers high uptime using high-availability designs and self-healing systems
- Develop operational dashboards and alarms and monitor performance and capacity and introduce solutions to maintain service levels.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and catch and solve issues before release
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and troubleshoot complex production issues.
- Ensure security good practice is followed in deployment and operations.
- Lead in establishing DevOps practices
- Promote DevOps principles and culture across the software engineering organization.
- Mentor and coach junior-level DevOps engineers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- AWS qualifications are an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years experience with AWS particularly EC2, VPC, Lambda functions, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Cloud Formation, CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading a technology team
- Ability to motivate and coach junior DevOps Engineers.
- Expertise in CI/CD tools such as AWS Code deploy
- Some experience in one or more database systems including Dynamo DB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphana and Data Dog
- Good understanding of Information Security in web applications.
- Excellent network design and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started