Your GOALS + Our EXPERTISE= Seamless Business & Career Success.
About This Job:
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced DevOps Platform Engineer.
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Reporting to DevOps Team Lead, the DevOps Platform Engineer’s overall objective is to Support the development, deployment, and operation of our software in AWS (Amazon Web Services) enabling the frequent, secure, and reliable release of software to production. Assist our developers to deliver excellent software by providing the tools, environments, source control, and automated testing and deployment that they need.
The full set of our client’s bespoke software in development, test, and production environments for our businesses in Kenya, Tanzania, and elsewhere.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The DevOps Platforms Engineer will play the following role:
- Automate and run the build, test, and deployment of our software in AWS
- Build and maintain tools, solutions, and microservices associated with the deployment of our platform.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes.
- Enable continuous development and integration (CI/CD) and support developers to use the CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement monitoring tools to detect issues, measure performance, and provide telemetry for developers.
- Design and build infrastructure that delivers high uptime using High Availability designs and self-healing systems
- Develop operational dashboards and alarms.
- Monitor performance and capacity and introduce solutions to maintain service levels.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and catch and solve issues before release
- Troubleshoot operational incidents
- Ensure security good practice is followed in deployment and operations.
- Assist in establishing DevOps practices
- The DevOps engineer will be working as part of a distributed team with colleagues in Kenya, Tanzania, China, the UK, the USA, and elsewhere.
- CircleTech delivers a 24-hour service to customers. The DevOps Engineer may be required to work overnight and on weekends to resolve urgent technical incidents or to make changes at a time that causes the least disruption to customers.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum 3 years experience with AWS particularly EC2, VPC, Cloud Formation, CloudTrail, and CloudWatch.
- Excellent network design and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as AWS Code deploy
- Some experience in one or more database systems including Dynamo DB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Grafana and Data Dog
- Good understanding of Information Security in web applications.
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- AWS qualifications are an advantage
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started