Secure enterprise open source for the world.
As the Engineering Team Leader for the DevOps Centre, your primary responsibility is to the people you lead and support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, and finding satisfaction in their careers at Canonical. As a lead for software engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. As the DevOps Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on direction and execution.
What you’ll do
The DevOps Engineering Manager role has the following responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a team of up-and-coming, junior-level engineers working remotely in global locations
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Demonstrate sound engineering principles by directly contributing code yourself
- Plan and manage progress on agreed goals and projects
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering and operational teams
- Coordinate with management and external stakeholders or customers
- Advocate modern, agile software development practices
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company’s values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Global travel up to 10% of time for internal and external events
Who you are
- University degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field
- Advanced-level Python programming skills
- You love developing and growing people and can demonstrate a track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring software developers
- You are organized and want your team to deliver timely, high-quality software
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have a thorough understanding of modern infrastructure, including OpenStack or Kubernetes
- You have a demonstrated drive for continual learning
- You have experience in operations as well as software development
- You have sound knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies
- You have practical knowledge of Linux and networking
- You have hands-on experience with software automation
- You are fluent and comfortable in cloud terminology
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu — the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started