We make trust possible between businesses and consumers. We call this Information for Goo
What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we’ve made a habit of impacting the world around us. Our commitment to technology is second to none. And because we constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our employees, our continued growth is assured. Our Nairobi office is looking for a Developer PO2.
What You’ll Bring:
How You’ll Contribute:
- Fulfil the role of a Developer within an agile delivery team having responsibility towards development of new requirements, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing systems, systems security and operational support requirements (DevSecOps).
- Under the guidance of your technical lead, participate and contribute towards application design activities
- Build or modify applications, system, vendor supplied utilities or packages from detailed specifications.
- Conduct unit testing (with automation) and systems testing
- Develop, review, prepare test cases and test data, test and debug application software, vendor-supplied utilities and packages and/or operating systems software.
- Maintain applications through troubleshooting, debugging and systems analysis
- Conduct and automate routine system tasks and activities
- Provide user support through analysis of tickets logged by users, conduct root cause analysis and provide recommendations in order to solve user issues
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to automate the build, preparation and deployment of solutions to test and production environments
- Maintain necessary program and/or user documentation.
Impact You’ll Make:
As Developer PO2, the key performance areas will include:
- Working within a scrum team of a technical lead, product owner, scrum master and other developers.
- Take responsibility for tasks assigned to you by the scrum master, maintain your tasks on the Kanban board, report on progress of your tasks and where required, proactively seek support and assistance from your team leadership to better understand requirements, overcome blockers or other challenges.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and deploy complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards.
- Participates in code walkthroughs and reviews with your technical lead. Develop unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develop system test data and performs system tests. Assist quality assurance testing teams.
- Analyze technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Researches and resolves programming issues.
- Develop program specifications and flowcharts (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Prepare on-line help, FAQs, user guides and operational instruction manuals.
- Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Takes responsibility for personal technical and professional growth.
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information