To De-Risk your business operations using Technology and World class service delivery, and provide your company the assurance to operate & grow with confidence
Experience for the Desktop Support Engineer – Kisumu: 2+ years
Basic Skill Set:
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory
- 2 years plus experience providing technical support in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment up to the executive management level.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including providing VIP support
- Experience supporting large Windows-based environments to desktop level with emphasis on Win 7 OS/office 2010 as well as Win 8 and O365
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Support of End Users for video conferencing units.
- Support of mobile devices
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Desktop Support Engineer – Kisumu shall provide support on the Client Windows platform, for desktop/end-user technologies, collaboration tools, and mobile technologies and printing, this includes laptop/mobile devices, video conferencing, and network/remote access this position works collaboratively with the Service Desk for end-user break/fix and other support functions.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting desktop system, printer, and operating problems
- Consulting and instructing users on hardware and software questions/issues
- Collaborate with other IT Services Data Center and Network Infrastructure teams
- Install, maintain, and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure
- Runs diagnostic tests to isolate system problems as well as proactive activities
- Operating Systems Windows, OS-X
- MS Office (Windows and knowledge of Mac) software
- Experience with Remote Support technologies such as Remote Desktop (Microsoft), Apple Remote Desktop, VNC
- Hands-on experience removing viruses and spyware using various tools (Windows)
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems including forming an RCA
- Responds to telephone calls, emails, service tickets, and dispatched requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution within an affected SLA window
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills with proven ability to work in fast-paced environments
- Commercial experience in an IT support technician role that includes 2 years of technical support experience in a hybrid Windows and MAC environment
- Experience in working with a helpdesk operation, including Windows and Mac clients
- 2 years experience with mobile applications/products including iPhone, iPad, and Android Platforms.
- Self-starter that can collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Proven attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Excellent organizational/administrative/technical skills with agility to re-prioritize as necessary
- Skilled in documenting written troubleshooting steps and instructions
- Business professional attire
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started