M-KOPA is a connected asset-financing company that serves customers across Africa and beyond. We aim to make financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone.
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
You can join our journey too
We’re looking for a Database Administrator to join our Analytics Engineering Team. Analytics Engineering at MKOPA is new and evolving, sitting at the intersection of Data Science and Analytics, Reporting and Data Engineering, with the aim to multiply the effectiveness of everyone in these teams by creating and maintaining the data infrastructure and systems that our analytics workflows are built from. Its contributions are key to ensuring our data science and analytics activities can scale with the rich, high-volume datasets generated by the M-KOPA ecosystem. We are looking for someone who is familiar with and understands the requirements of analytic workstreams while bringing engineering best practices and rigor to build robust systems and processes. Your main objective will be to improve the efficiency and security of our production Azure SQL and Synapse Databases.
Database Administrator M-KOPA – Job Description
- Work alongside a modern analytics engineering and data platforming team to build and maintain a modern data stack based around Synapse that enables our whole business to work with data
- Work with our backend engineers to help them optimize our production DBS, with Microsoft engineers on best practice recommendations and with support from our dedicated infrastructure team on optimizing our time to recovery, back up strategy, performance and throughput
- Provide opinions on other DS, particularly in cloud warehousing
Database Administrator M-KOPA – Requirements
- Have 4 years of experience as a DBA
- Are confident with GIT and automated deploy pipelines
- Have experience with Cloud/Azure, DBT, MSFT T-SQL, and SSIS packages
- Are comfortable with azure best practices, from RBAC to IAC.
- Have exposure to Azure data factory and Airflow, although this is not essential
This position will report to Head of Analytics Engineering and can be based anywhere where possible to work within a time zone -1/+3 hours UTC. We can offer a full-time permanent contract of employment to candidates’ resident in the UK, Kenya, Uganda or Nigeria, where our offices are based, together with a competitive salary (dependent on skills and experience), company bonus (dependent on company performance and OKRs), and a range of company benefits. For applicants who are resident in countries outside of where our offices are based, we can offer a 3 year consultancy contract, together with a freelance daily rate and an annual bonus incentive].
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.