M-KOPA is a connected asset-financing company that serves customers across Africa and beyond. We aim to make financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone
The Data Operations Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining reporting tools to support the business in running its operational processes and decision-making. To do so, the analyst will be expected to provide high-quality, accurate and timely reports within agreed timelines. To succeed in this role, the Analyst should possess strong attention to detail along with business acumen, communicate well and be very organized. Sharp analytical skills will be an added advantage
- Prepare and maintain routine reports to support day-to-day business operations.
- Produce and track key performance indicators for various departments
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Ensure accuracy of data used for reporting & analytical work
- Liaise with various departments to fully understand business processes and their data requirements
- Test new system features to ensure data is being correctly captured
- Create data dashboards, graphs, and visualizations
- Analytical Thinking: Given a clearly scoped data/analytics question and with guidance, able to identify patterns and trends in the data using standard analytics and statistical methods. Able to interpret and sharing findings with colleagues.
- Data Processing
- Executing SQL to extract data and analyzing that data using tools like Excel, Looker
- Knowledge of Data Analysis tools – Advanced excel skills and Working knowledge of SQL Queries
- Meticulousness to develop error-free, high-quality reports
- Ability to draw insights and conclusions from reports
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to quickly understand key value drivers in various departments of the business
- Strong and clear visual, written, and verbal communication and design skills,
- Comfortable operating as part of a fast-moving, dynamic team
- An understanding of data protection issues
- Data Governance: You can identify and escalate data quality issues when they arise and with guidance, contribute to solution to improve data quality and adhere to best practices
- Coding: You have a good knowledge of SQL and can use version control to ensure accessibility and reproducibility. (Git: Commits work to repository for traceability and Uses branches and PRs
- Data Visualization: You know how to use the most appropriate medium to visualize data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant for business goals. can present, communicate, and disseminate data appropriately and with high impact.
- Accountability and Reliability Completes moderately complex, well-defined, compact stories from the backlog independently.
- Approach Executes solutions to problems with some guidance from senior team members.
- Prioritization Actively involved in planned work estimation.
- Problem Solving Solves problems within their domain, even when the problem is not well defined.
- Influence (Collaboration) Works to form strong relationships with colleagues.
- Coaching and Mentorship (Empower) Seeks and is receptive to mentorship provided by more senior colleagues.
- Communication Clearly updates the team on status of assigned work and flags up when blocked (both written and verbal).
- Process Able to follow established best practices and process.
- Feedback (Learn) Responds positively to constructive feedback, occasionally gives unprompted positive feedback to colleagues.
- Business Context Understands how their work impacts the team and broader company.
- Emotional Intelligence Displays empathy toward users of our products
- Good team player
- Works with minimal or no supervision
Data Operations Analyst – Education
- BSC in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field