Egis is a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm.
The Data and Information Technology M/F will be in charge of the following:
- Ensure secure IT operations by implementing and managing all systems in accordance with Egis Group Information Systems policies and standards.
- Manage administrative user access rights and restrictions in all systems.
- Perform periodic access audits and take immediate corrective action as necessary.
- Directly responsible to develop, maintain and test Contingency and Disaster Recovery plans, and maintain and verify data backup integrity and verify restoration tests.
- Ensure all IT requirements and electronic data protection, privacy, retention and destruction requirements are met according to Company IT Policies; report barriers and recommendations to Egis Group IT Management.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and support of all systems (on-site, remotely, by phone), engage external support vendors as appropriate and manage system service levels.
- Manage servers, software environments, network architecture and security in accordance with Egis Group Information Systems requirements
- Ensure installation, follow up, support and report on assets, hardware and software.
- Ensure appropriate and timely management of IT contracts, support and licensing including managing service level agreements. Provide 24×7 on-call duties as required.
- Co-ordinate all activities, operations, user support and running of IT.
- Ensure appropriate environmental controls for all data processing facilities.
- Maintain relationship with system vendors. Evaluate requests for system enhancements.
- Ensure adherence to all IT-related operational and brand standards.
- Manage IT expense budget planning. Review and recommend all IT equipment and software purchases and participate in Company-negotiated purchasing, pricing and licensing programs as appropriate.
- Provide effective communication and collaboration on the technology needs of various Egis offices. Monitor and evaluate on-site technology support requirements.
- Administer and manage local IT service level contracts.
- Regional Travel Expected as per project requirement in the region
Minimum level of education required for the Data and Information Technology M/F
4-Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science
Minimum level of experience required
Egis Kenya is the subsidiary of the Egis group in Kenya and works throughout the East African region. We are able to deliver challenging infrastructure projects in the roads sector and support the Egis group in the airports, harbor, water, environment, rail and mining sectors in the region. We work at all stages of the project cycle (master plan, feasibility study, detailed design and construction supervision
Our vision is to be the partner of choice to all public and private clients, and to spearhead the development of the Egis group in the East Africa region.
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.