Employment changes lives. Preparing, placing, and supporting people into careers.
The data analyst will take overall responsibility for providing programmatic data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting. In addition, the Data Analyst will monitor data accuracy and completeness and manage all data and analytic requests.
To Be Successful You’ll Need
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, information technology, computer science or other relevant training.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, analysis, grant reporting or related roles.
- Strong Data management and analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel functions, including using functions and formulas, creating pivot tables, visualization, and managing data across multiple files.
- Proficient in statistical analysis packages including STATA/Python/R/Alteryx etc.
- Experience in the use of data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI.
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and hold confidential information.
- Very high attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects successfully.
- Proficient with Google and Office 365 productivity tools.
- Proficient with MS Office 365 applications.
- Team Player.
What you’ll do:
The Data Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage an end-to-end collection of all program-level data to inform program outcomes and impact.
- Support mentors (super-agents) to capture data to inform mentorship outcomes. This includes data on class attendance, wages earned from freelance and non-freelance work and channels of freelance work.
- Develop and script questionnaires to collect qualitative and quantitative data from program beneficiaries.
- Ensure data collected from program beneficiaries are correctly entered into Salesforce on a regular basis.
Data Quality Monitoring
- Outline and implement data validation procedures to ensure data meets the highest quality metrics.
- Run high-frequency quality checks on data and flag any inconsistencies observed.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Providing all data and analytic support including data cleaning, data management and analysis, resolving data issues and answering any questions.
- Support all program reporting needs, including developing narrative reports for non-technical audiences, and creating dashboards and presentations.
- Continuously update and populate program M&E templates to inform of the progress made vis-a-vis targets.
- Act as a focal point for all reporting needs and other qualitative and quantitative donor reporting.
Equality And Diversity
Generation is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organization and to equal opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. Generation does not ask for payment from people that apply for jobs with Generation at any stage of the hiring process. If you have any specific queries, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgTo report instances of fraud or unethical business practices by any of our staff, vendors or mobilisers please reach out on this link for our Ethics hotline and/or the executive leadership team on email@example.com
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages and work with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started