Opening Doors of Opportunity Since 1896.
Reporting to a Senior Manager of Cyber Security, the Cybersecurity Analyst is tasked with providing technical security expertise in all areas of network, system, data, and application security. The role works closely with the various teams in the Enterprise Security Architecture and Technology teams to ensure that systems and networks are always designed, developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong, effective security and risk management controls.
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of securing various Bank information systems and maintenance of security solutions that have been deployed to achieve this objective.
- Support administration, optimization, and support of the Bank’s Technical security solutions, including perimeter email, cloud, network, endpoint, and data security solutions in compliance with the Bank’s policies and standards.
- Provide technical security-related support to ICT projects and changes from inception through to successful implementation, to ensure cybersecurity requirements are met before introduction to production environments.
- Contribute to the development of Technical Security Policies and Minimum-Security Configuration Baseline Standards in line with industry best practices and technologies commensurate with the risk and regulatory requirements and implement the same cost-effectively.
- Conduct security assessments of technical infrastructure security configuration against established minimum security baseline standards to provide optimum security, performance, and availability.
- Provide tactical security expertise across various security domains as assigned from time to time.
- Collaborate with the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Security Operations Centre (CiSOC) in the continuous monitoring and defence of the Bank’s infrastructure for cybersecurity threat indicators, and assist in detecting, reporting, and responding to technical security violations/incidents.
- Appropriately and practically defend the Bank’s technical infrastructure, by established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Provide input into cybersecurity risk and control self-assessments by leveraging knowledge in technical security and mitigating information and cyber risks identified by various assurance teams such as Information Risk and Audit.
- Research and provide technical security expertise in the Group Cyber Security department.
For the Cybersecurity Analyst position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or a related field of study.
- At least one security certification from the list: CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker; CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor; CISM: Certified Information Security Manager; CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional; SSCP: Systems Security Certified Practitioner; CompTIA Security+; OSCP: Offensive Security Certified Professional.
- At least one Networking Certification; CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate; CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional.
- At least 3 years experience in IT / Cyber Security.
- At least 3 years experience in routing and switching.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Firewall Administration.
- At least 1 year experience in Network Admission Control (NAC).
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started